Certificate Signing Request

I bought on a godaddy ssl certificate for my domain, for use with standalone web applications.
During configuration it asks me to generate a Certificate Signing Request with my web server software. (shows me a list of servers).
What can I use for standalone web app?

lighttpd
nginx
Parallels Plesk Panel
CPanel / WebHost Manager
Microsoft IIS 5 and 6
Apache 2.x
Microsoft IIS 7
Tomcat 4.x / 5.x / 6.x
Microsoft IIS 8
Exchange Server 2007
Mac OS X Server 10.5
Exchange Server 2010
Mac OS X Server 10.6
Exchange Server 2013
F5 BIG-IP Loadbalancer

Any of these?
Any recommendations?

Thank in advances

Luciano

Choose the Apache 2.x option. It’ll let you download the certificate file, or print out the result in some kind of textarea field. If a file, open in a text editor, and use it to construct your certificate file for Xojo using the methods described in this article:

http://www.xojo.com/blog/en/2014/01/web-standalone-ssl.php

[quote=128322:@luciano monti]During configuration it asks me to generate a Certificate Signing Request with my web server software. (shows me a list of servers).
What can I use for standalone web app?[/quote]

The problem isn’t downloading the Certificate. It’s the fact that the certificate doesn’t exist yet. I can’t make the certificate exist because I cant’ generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) file.

You need to create the CSR file as part of the process of generating the private key. Do you have command line access to the server?

Here’s an example for Linux/Apache:

[code]

Generate the 2048-Bit private key

openssl genrsa -out server.key 2048

Generate the CSR

openssl req -new -key server.key -out server.csr

Remove the passphrase from the key (so you don’t have to type it in to restart Apache)

cp server.key server.key.org
openssl rsa -in server.key.org -out server.key

Generate a self-signed public key (for testing only)

openssl x509 -req -days 365 -in server.csr -signkey server.key -out server.crt[/code]

I need to generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) for a Windows 7 Standalone Web application. While I see the instructions to generate one for Linux/Apache, could someone provide a description on how to generate one for Windows 7? I need the CSR first to get the certificate. There will be no web server running on this machine, with the exception of the Standalone web app.

Thanks in advance!