Can't run Android projects

Hi,

While trying to run (debug) an Android app, either in an emulator or on a real device, Xojo hangs for about a minute, then nothing happens.
In Android Simulator, a default project works fine.

I can’t find anything useful in the Console, other than “Xojo Unable to install APK on the emulator/device”, and sampling the project while Xojo hangs just looks like it waits on a shell.

I’ve made a video of my screen but this forum doesn’t seem to support attaching movie files.
I’m wondering how I could fix or report this problem since no error is even shown.
Doesn’t Xojo lack a reporting mechanism?

You can share the movie using dropbox, google drive, etc.

Attach your project and video to a new Issue.

It’s not just me then. I’ve got a new PC (Windows 11 pro) with the latest Xojo and Android studio, and I’m having the same issue. The emulator runs, but no Xojo app showing.

While trying to run (debug) an Android app, either in an emulator or on a real device, Xojo hangs for about a minute, then nothing happens.
In Android Simulator, a default project works fine.

Did you mean Android Studio, or?

passed through my mind:
have you enabled developer mode in your phone?
this Android Debug Bridge (adb.exe) command-line tool should raise a security pop up where you can link pc and phone.
is your phone connected via usb cable? or in same network?
try a test project in officially Android Studio IDE.
sometimes it can happen that you have to remove the apk for all users at phone first
after you had change the manifest data in project.

Thanks. However, I don’t use clouds, for privacy reasons.

Usually, steps to reproduce are mandatory; I can’t provide them, since it’s a problem about my current installation.

I think it is :wink: (read below).

In my case (I’m on a Mac BTW), the emulator won’t even launch from Xojo. I think they’re different issues.

Oh yes, good catch. I meant an Android Studio project runs fine, but a Xojo one doesn’t. Thanks for pointing my mistake out.

Yes, although I’m also trying to debug to the Android Emulator with the same issue.

I’m on Mac, so not applicable for me.

Both.

This is what I meant when I said it works from Android “Emulator” (I wanted to say “Android Studio”); sorry for not having been clear.

Good to know. However, the emulator doesn’t even launch, so the issue is earlier in the chain.
Thanks for your thoughts.

if xojo created the apk does it run after manually copy and install it at phone?

Yes, building and installing works. It’s Xojo communicating with the Emulator/real device for debugging which doesn’t work.