Can't mark text outside the ide window by dragging mouse

When I want to mark a chunk of programtext in the ide, that is partly outside the window, it often does not work when marking and dragging the mouse downwards or to he right. The text doesn’t scroll, it just stutters and refuse to move (sometimes it moves to the end, but when I move the mouse back into the field where the programming takes place, to release it at the right spot, it jumps back, far away from where I wanted to end the marking). Its been like this for atleast a year and probably longer.
I often have to scroll the window first so that I can mark the text backwards, from right to left or frombottom to top. It is pretty annoying. See tiny video:

Is this a known bug?

(Mac OS X 10.8.5)

I have that too.

you can select the whole line
set the cursor and then double click

[quote=163589:@Roger Jönsson]When I want to mark a chunk of programtext in the ide, that is partly outside the window, it often does not work when marking and dragging the mouse downwards or to he right. The text doesn’t scroll, it just stutters and refuse to move (sometimes it moves to the end, but when I move the mouse back into the field where the programming takes place, to release it at the right spot, it jumps back, far away from where I wanted to end the marking). Its been like this for atleast a year and probably longer.
I often have to scroll the window first so that I can mark the text backwards, from right to left or frombottom to top. It is pretty annoying. See tiny video:

Is this a known bug?

(Mac OS X 10.8.5)[/quote]

To mark long blocks, place the cursor at the beginning, then move to the end, hold uppercase and click the end.