Can't Get URL Connection Example to Run on Device

Hi All,

I’m guessing I’m missing something obvious (like a plist entry?) but I cannot get the URLConnectionTest Application to run on device.

I always am seeing this error in the console (for the iPad):

Bootstrapping failed for <FBApplicationProcess: 0x14ec5c290; application<com.XXXXX.XXX>:<invalid>> with error: <NSError: 0x282d50540; domain: RBSRequestErrorDomain; code: 5; reason: "Launch failed."> {
    underlyingError = <NSError: 0x282d50240; domain: NSPOSIXErrorDomain; code: 85>;
}

(Note - I manually XXed out the domain to hide client information)

Any pointers on how to get this working would be appreciated.

To be clear, this is the xojo example project, unmodified except to add the created bundle identifier and “Code Signing Team” (both created yesterday - computer was never used for iOS development prior to yesterday)

FYI - I was able to get this sorted by building a simple “Hello World” iOS project IN XCODE and installing that application on to my iPad and then running it.

After I did this, Xojo iOS projects would run again.

In short, if you’re having similar problems (mysterious issues with apps immediately crashing at launch) it might be correctable by creating, building, installing and running a simple “Hello World” iOS app built in Xcode. (I assume Xcode is doing some extra work checking and fixing any device configuration issues Xojo isn’t)

I got this idea from an old post found by searching the forums, but I can’t find it again, so thank you nameless Xojo forum poster who gave me the hint I needed.

1 Like