can't find provision profile

Hello,

a client has trouble. Whenever we try to build iOS app, the Xojo 2015r4 IDE shows error message “Can’t find provision profile”.

Now that error message doesn’t tell details and it’s hard to debug.

The provision profiles are in the “~/Library/MobileDevice/Provision Profiles” folder.
The bundle ID matches.

What could be wrong?
How can I get app built?

Feedback cases 38526 and 41381 ask for more help there.

Have you tried to remove them and redownload with xCode?

Is the profile explicit (ie not using just a “*”)? Xojo doesn’t play well with those for now but no progress has been made on it.

I dropped profile on textedit to verify the bundle id inside matches the one from plugin.

we tried removing and downloading again profiles, but didn’t help.
Even recreated certificate and profile.

I fear the code to create the ID for the profile file name may be different than the one Xojo looks for.
if xojo would show the name of the file it is missing, I could make sure there is a file with that name.

and?
no idea?

Client still sits there and can’t build for iOS.

[quote=241088:@Christian Schmitz]I dropped profile on textedit to verify the bundle id inside matches the one from plugin.

we tried removing and downloading again profiles, but didn’t help.
Even recreated certificate and profile.[/quote]
But does it match the one from the app?

as far as I saw the bundle ID was equal.

It would be easier if you guys write something to console to help find the reason for the failure.

No news?

Today another client run into this.
The profile is there, Xojo doesn’t find it.
you could say what you are looking for, e.g. the expected profile name.
or if you look on all profiles to find a match tell us what the criteria is.

Also ran into this, asked support@xojo.com but all they told me was “as far as we know that’s Apple’s problem that we can’t do much about”. To their credit, they seem to be correct, as Xcode developers are no strangers to this problem either, as I know now…

So I hunted stackoverflow for a solution, found this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33126849/xcode-7-app-installation-failed-a-valid-provisioning-profile-for-this-executab

I had to create a project in Xcode (followed Pauls advice given at http://developer.xojo.com/userguide/ios-free-provisioning-profile), and found the magic “fix this issue”-Button, clicked it and compiled successfully.

Now I am up and running it seems.

Well, there must be something they could include as details.
The exact message from shell if they run a command line tool.
Or the path they look for if they search the file themselves.

Maybe. For what it’s worth, Xcode generates the exact same error message.

I was getting the missing Developer Profile message and it turned out to be the iOS Team Provisioning Profile created automatically by Xcode. When I built a manual provisioning profile in my Member Center account everything was fine. My first iOS app is now Waiting for Review. :wink: