Can't compile iOS-app

Hi,

When I try to compile an iOS-app I get the following message:

The operation couldn’t be completed. Warning: unable to build chain to self-signed root for signer “Apple Development: Herman Dubach (3U58FL7KFE)”
/Users/Herman/Documents/xojo_ios/Builds - 2Split/iOS/toSplit.app: errSecInternalComponent

I can’t find an answer anywhere. It keeps me busy for days now!
I hope somebody can help me with this,
thanks for a solution.

Haven’t seen this, but it sounds like a certificate problem. Check in Keychain Access on your Mac and download from Apple if necessary.

I did, I think everything is there.
Thanks

I would delete the Apple root and intermediate certs from Keychain and reinstall them from https://www.apple.com/certificateauthority/ as a starting point.

Hi Gavin,
How can I delete the Apple Root Certs? I see Apple Root Ca, Ca - G2, ca - G3 and Cert Authority. But I can’t delete them. The intermediate Certs I don’t see in the Keychain.
Thanks for your attention.

App wrapper gives the same problem:

codesign: /Users/Herman/Library/Caches/com.ohanaware.appWrapper3/App Wrapper 3: replacing existing signature
Warning: unable to build chain to self-signed root for signer “Apple Distribution: Herman Dubach (CJRCGBVZX6)”
/Users/Herman/Library/Caches/com.ohanaware.appWrapper3/App Wrapper 3: errSecInternalComponent

Right - its not the act of signing thats messed up
Its the certificates you’re signing with thats messed up

Is your cert a self signed one ?
Thats what the error seems to indicate

For good measure, sign out of your account in Xcode then quit Xcode. Open Keychain Access and delete Apple Root Certificate Authority. Reinstall it from the link above. Open Xcode and sign back in. Try creating an iOS project and running it in Xcode.

Your goal is basically to get Xcode working and building a skeleton app (no code required). If that works, then you can try with Xojo. If it’s not working in Xcode, it won’t work on Xojo.

I signed out of xCode, deleted all certificates of Apple in the root as well my certificates.
If I try to reinstall I get this message:

The “System Roots” keychain cannot be modified.
To change whether a root certificate is trusted, open it in Keychain Access and modify its Trust Settings. New root certificates should be added to the login keychain for the current user, or to the System keychain if they are to be shared by all users of this machine.

I installed everything again, but the same error occurs.

Can you build an iOS app in Xcode? This isn’t a Xojo issue, there’s something up with your certs and we need to find the magic incantation to solve that. It can be as simple as logging out of your developer account in Xcode, quitting Xcode, relaunchingn and signing back in again. Or it can be much more complicated. But get Xcode happy first.

I never used xCode for developing, But I created a new project and I can run it without errors.

are you using the version of Xcode that is the appropriate one for the version of Xojo you have?

I don’t know what I did, but I can compile and install iOS-apps now! How frustrating is this!
Thanks Gavin for your help!

[quote=470952:@Herman Dubach]I don’t know what I did, but I can compile and install iOS-apps now! How frustrating is this!
Thanks Gavin for your help![/quote]
Congratulations, you stumbled across the magic incantation that made it work. It may have been the cert changes, it may have been logging in and out, it may have been waiting some time after doing all of the above… we may never know. Have fun!