Can not run 2021r3 on Ubuntu 21.10 64 bit

Can not Run an app in 2021r3 IDE on Ubuntu 21.10 64 bit. The Xojo IDE crashes (disappears) with every Run.

Could you run it from a terminal and see what the output is? Also, make sure the Oracle plugin isn’t in there if you’re not using it.

Actually, the Build command button has same issue. Is there a logging system in Xojo?

What was the output on the terminal?

Did you install from the DEB or the TGZ? I’m running from the TGZ and it’s fine here.

When I run Xojo IDE It works with errors.

Run as sudo

jborghoff@ubuntu:~$ sudo /opt/xojo/xojo2021r3/Xojo
libocci.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directoryfailed to load code unit /root/Xojo/2021.03.00..54899/Precompiled Plugins/Plugins0GUILinuxGTKx86_64.o: failed to open file
failed to load code unit /root/Xojo/2021.03.00..54899/Precompiled Plugins/Plugins1GUILinuxGTKx86_64.o: failed to open file
failed to load code unit /root/Xojo/2021.03.00..54899/Precompiled Plugins/Plugins2GUILinuxGTKx86_64.o: failed to open file
failed to load code unit /root/Xojo/2021.03.00..54899/Precompiled Plugins/Plugins3GUILinuxGTKx86_64.o: failed to open file

When I run without sudo the IDE abends with the following terminal output

jborghoff@ubuntu:~$ /opt/xojo/xojo2021r3/Xojo
libocci.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directoryfailed to load code unit /home/jborghoff/Xojo/2021.03.00..54899/Precompiled Plugins/Plugins0GUILinuxGTKx86_64.o: Segmentation fault (core dumped)
jborghoff@ubuntu:~$

My Ubuntu laptop has a fresh os and Xojo installation

From the DEB

Right and now follow my other suggestion and remove the Oracle plugin from the plugins folder next to the IDE.

I just tried a new install of Ubuntu (in VirtualBox under Windows.) IDE crashes when trying to run the project.

ibocci.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directoryWaylandCompositor requires eglBindWaylandDisplayWL, eglUnbindWaylandDisplayWL and eglQueryWaylandBuffer.

Nested Wayland compositor could not initialize EGL

failed to load code unit /home/eric/Xojo/2021.03.00…54899/Precompiled Plugins/Plugins0GUILinuxGTKx86_64.o: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I recall a recent post about Xojo not being compatible with Wayland, so tried with Xorg and it seems OK. See this post about how to switch to Xorg: https://itsfoss.com/switch-xorg-wayland/ Note these instructions are for an older version of Ubuntu but the concept works - look for the setting (gear) icon on the login screen. You may need to first select your name before the gear appears.

Maybe the System Requirements need to be updated? Also a note on the download page might be helpful.

Edit: Removing the Oracle plugin didn’t help - still got the Wayland error/crash.

2 Likes

There is no Oracle plugin enabled I can find.

The DestopMoviePlayer is not working either. I will create a new post if you wish @Greg_O_Lone

I’m not playing with Wayland, but that error seems to want toe OpenGL drivers (EGL). Trying installing the one that matches your video card.

Mr. @Greg_O_Lone , are the issues in this post being addressed?

The forum is not a bug report system. If you are able to give us step by step instructions on how to get a system into this state, you should file a formal bug report with our Feedback app.

My understanding is that Xojo is currently closed due to the Thanksgiving holiday in the US and that the staff are on vacation, therefore any replies are during their well deserved holiday time.

1 Like

Giving 2022 r1.1 a try on Ubuntu 22.04.
Can confirm: WAYLAND BAD. XORG GOOD!
(After going thru several other gyrations, iterations, wailing and gnashing of teeth).