Can I code an app for Windows Notebook with Xojo?

Being a Mac person, I wonder if it is possible to write an app to run on a Windows Notebook. It does appear to me that a Notebook runs with the Windows Operating System, but I would like to be sure before embarking on something for a friend of mine.

All I have is the Xojo Licence which allows me to be on two computers (whatever that is). I am not interested in programming for iOS, so don’t need anything higher.

As long as it has an x86 chip and not ARM, it should work just fine.

Thanks Greg, I should be able to get that info from the salesperson. So I will go ahead and code the app - terrific to have a new idea to work on.

I’d suggest making a simple Xojo app and putting it on a flash drive and then seei if the salesperson will let you try it. Then you’ll know definitively.

Great idea! Thanks.

[quote=230454:@Cliff Strange]Being a Mac person, I wonder if it is possible to write an app to run on a Windows Notebook. It does appear to me that a Notebook runs with the Windows Operating System, but I would like to be sure before embarking on something for a friend of mine.

All I have is the Xojo Licence which allows me to be on two computers (whatever that is). I am not interested in programming for iOS, so don’t need anything higher.[/quote]

Next year Microsoft should release the Centennial Bridge (Aka “Project C”) which will wrap Xojo apps in an appX (Universal Windows App) so it can go into the Windows Store, as well as execute on the ARM platform as well, like older Surface, and Windows Phones.
See https://forum.xojo.com/22131-win32-xojo-apps-allowed-in-the-windows-store