I know this is well trodden ground, but after re-reading the docs and past Forum postings, I still can’t get this to work. The answer has to be so simple, that I just can’t see it. As my wife says: ‘you know the mustard jar is in the refrigerator but you can’t see it until someone else points it out’
Here is what I tried:
- Shared Settings > Use Build Folder = True
- Project Navigator Toolbar > Insert > Build Step > Copy Files
- Inspector > Changed name of step to: IncludeFiles
- Inspector > Behavior > Applies to = Both
- Inspector > Architecture = Any
- Inspector > Subdirectory = includes
- Inspector > Destination = Resources folder
- Drag both the ‘IncludeFiles’ step and the Build gear icon into my Target: XojoCloud
- Drag-reorder the ‘IncludeFiles’ step below the Build gear icon
- Navigator middle pane > Click the Add Folder icon and select the source folder (which resides at the same level as my project file). Navigator now displays ‘…/includes/’ in the middle pane as the correct path to the source folder.
Now, Run and Debug. The App functions as intended, but inspecting the App.debug folder (which also lies next to my Project file), the Resources folder does not contain any subfolders, and neither my ‘includes’ directory (nor any of the files) were copied to the App.debug/Resources folder. To test, I deleted the App.debug folder and hit Run (again). A fresh App.debug folder is created but still no files copied into the Resources (or other) folder.
The files must be somewhere? Since I am testing a WebApp locally, the available options in the Project menu are Run | Deploy, but there is no Project > Build option. However, since I set the Behavior to ‘Both’ , I would expect the App.debug/Resources folder to be updated with an ‘/includes’ folder.
In Xojo Preferences > Build Tab I have the following settings:
Show Built apps in Finder = true
When not using build folders… = Replace the file
Build unsaved apps in = My Project parent folder
Where is the mustard jar (aka my ‘includes’ folder)