browse a Database

the problem is it is not enough just to cater for SQLite database. I used SQLiteManager from SQLabs for the last 7 years. I start off using the Database browser in Real basic back then and it stink. Mess up my database or kill off my database or something like that.

[quote=15395:@Ruslan Zasukhin]Well, Navicat

I think Valentina Studio outperforms Navicat in few areas. For example:

• Valentina Studio is FREE in its basic edition. And this edition can do a lots. Much more than do many 20-70$ managers.
    • PRO version of Vstudio cost 199$ with all db engines. Navicat it seems near to 500$
  • Valentina Studio works native on linux. Navicat only as wine
  • Reports in Navicat work only on Windows, as I know. Valentina Reports are really cross-platorm on 3 OS.
  • I believe we have much better diagrams. Also we give reverse engineering for free, they ask 70$ in AppStore version.

Yes, we have todo some things yet … But even hard to think which :slight_smile: For example Scheduler.

So once again, I invite everybody who says he love Navicat, Sequel Pro, Workbench, else to download Valentina Studio, get free serial and try to play with it. I think you can be surprised :slight_smile: And of course will be great to hear any critic and suggestions.

Right now we uploading 5.3 release. Will be on site in a 2-3 hours.[/quote]

It may be good, don’t really know I just downloaded it, installed it, ran it and removed it. It’s too Mac for me on my Windows. I like a standard Windows GUI have no clue why you’d make it look so much like a Mac program, a thing most Windows users aren’t use to.

[quote=15574:@Paul Sondervan]@Ruslan Zasukhin
I’ve downloaded the free version of Valentina Studio.
I want to register Valentina Studio, but I’m already a registered user from the past (Omegabundle 2011).
The Sign Up For Free License popup window indicates:
If you are a existing user - please, request free serials directly from Paradigma online store
http://www.valentina-db.com/en/store[/quote]

Hi Paul - just select the Valentina Studio group. There’s a $00 one there. I recommend using that.

If you like the experience and want the Pro features, be aware that the new Omegabundle for Xojo 2013 includes 5 copies of Valentina Studio Pro (along with Valentina Reports for Xojo ADK Mac/Windows/Linux). There’s other new stuff in the bundle too, different from 2011.

Hi Lynn,
That question was asked more than 2 months ago.
Ruslan helped me via a private conversation.
Now I’ve got the Omegabundle 2013 and the registration keys. :wink:

[quote=18220:@Ron Bower]Just my 2-cents worth…

I thought that Xojo was supposed to be an upgrade to Real Studio. So far, I am one that is not seeing much improvement. The ability to browse a database was a nice feature that I would like to have again.

I am building a list of things that I have found to be a “downgrade” from the Real Studio IDE.

I would like to suggest that the Forum add a Section for those of us having issues transitioning from Real Studio to Xojo.
[/quote]
We are working feverishly to fix bugs and to restore the things that we lost. Xojo was never meant to be a downgrade.

That said, if there are specific things that we lost that you’d like back, the best route is to file individual feature requests, because then we have a trackable reference for those items.