Bookmarks & 64 bit

The way the bookmarks are implemented they are useless.

There needs a way to jump to the next/previous bookmark.

Also it would be nice to be able to label them and see a list of bookmarks in a window.

Regarding 64bit, do we have to get 64bit versions of our plugins?

Thanks

[quote=222352:@Richard Albrecht]The way the bookmarks are implemented they are useless.

There needs a way to jump to the next/previous bookmark.

Also it would be nice to be able to label them and see a list of bookmarks in a window.

Regarding 64bit, do we have to get 64bit versions of our plugins?[/quote]

It is fascinating to see how some who had access to the beta wait for release to make that kind of observation in the forum, when he had months to do so properly in Feedback. That would have given a chance for Xojo Engineers to implement just what he is demanding.

As for 64 bits, anybody who visited the Beta forum was able to see the outstanding work done by plugin publishers to provide them.

All was required was the small effort to read headlines in the beta channel :stuck_out_tongue:

There are 3 feature requests relating to bookmarks that I’m aware of
<https://xojo.com/issue/40432>
<https://xojo.com/issue/40431>
<https://xojo.com/issue/40394>

Bookmarks were reintroduced in June

I posted #40394 in August, so I don’t think that is the issue. I think it was just a case of much bigger fish to fry, and given the content of the release, entirely understandable. I would like to see it too, right now the bookmarks are easy to set, but a pain to actually get any use out of.

This would be my first choice, a 4th button in the Find pane to show bookmarks in their own Window.

The bookmarks are a good start, now if we could just get to a list of them easily like most IDEs, a LOT of search problems can be reduced.

You can get a list of them. There’s a Show All Bookmarks option on the Project menu.

Yes, three menu clicks in. That was the “pain” I was referring to. And it wipes out your current search results.

Also how about a way to modify the toolbar, Along with bookmark related, the ability to put a Save or any other Menu command.

Or maybe even a hotkey that would pull up a Bookmark list at the bottom as it is now. Although, I would much prefer it’s own list at the bottom with a 4th button. Currently the Bookmarks wipe out your current Search results. And given all the search problems that people have complained about since the Xojo IDE came out two years ago, I don’t think that wiping them out with the bookmarks every time you want to see the bookmarks is the best behavior.

The way it is now, the bookmarks are a pain to pull up, and you are almost forced to choose between using the Bookmarks or the Search. But it is a nice start.

Agreed. I’m just befuddled by how much dead space is up there and how little they have made use of it. When Xojo first changed over from RB 2 years ago, I thought first version, they will make more use of it once things settle down. But really not much has been added other than the Back and Forth buttons that don’t really work as anyone expects.

But I don’t mean to complain about this release. It is staggering the amount and quality of the work that went into this release. Just a Herculean effort by the Xojo staff, and I couldn’t be more impressed.

I setup a hotkey through Mac System Preferences > Keyboard.

1 to list them and 1 to set one.

Works great.

Thanks Richard, but most of the time I am on Windows. I guess there are probably third party utilities or maybe it is even built into Win10, but a nice little 4th button at the bottom with its own Window would solve all of the woes.

Totally agree!