Bogus Mac App Store Rejection. Help!

Despite having many apps approved often on the first attempt, I am now hitting this error over and over:

"2.14 The following issue was found:

The application has been set to the minimum OS to be “10.7.0”, it should be “10.7”

I am using Xojo Release 2014 Release 1.1 and mini app wrapper. I have set the system requirements to 10.6.6, but Apple keeps insisting I am setting it to 10.7.0, but I am not. I just double checked the plist — it does indeed say 10.6.6. The only real change is that I upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite since my last development spurt.

:confused:

I just got a rejection saying my CFBundleIdentifier is in an invalid format… I triple checked everything. At a loss…

[quote=144535:@M Jacques]Despite having many apps approved often on the first attempt, I am now hitting this error over and over:

"2.14 The following issue was found:

The application has been set to the minimum OS to be “10.7.0”, it should be “10.7”

I am using Xojo Release 2014 Release 1.1 and mini app wrapper. I have set the system requirements to 10.6.6, but Apple keeps insisting I am setting it to 10.7.0, but I am not. I just double checked the plist — it does indeed say 10.6.6. The only real change is that I upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite since my last development spurt.

:/[/quote]

• Build without APW
  • copy info.plist to your disk
  • Modify it in a text editor to comply
  • Use a CopyFile to put it back in the bundle after build, and before AW Mini.

I just installed my app using the installer built by App Wrapper Mini and the minimum system requirement is 10.6.6 …

This is maddening!

In AWM, what is the minimum OS set to?

If you’re using Xojo2014r2, that requires OS X 10.7 not 10.6.6 any more.

since january apple rejects apps that are not minimum 10.7
if you specify 10.6.6 it will surely be rejected
and “10.7” is not the same as “10.7.0”
did you try to edit the plist in your app to write “10.7” only ?

This works in AppWrapper as well (don’t know for the Mini version).

Some time ago I added checks in App Wrapper for verifying the bundle identifier, I used Apple’s Property List documentation. However I received so many complaints, and Apple allowed all these bundle identifiers that the documentation recommended against, I gave up. Maybe they’ve started to enforce their rules?

What’s the bundle identifier that they’re rejecting?

So, I set the system requirement to “10.8” and apple has rejected it for the fifth time insisting it says it says “10.7.0”

I know for a FACT it says “10.8” as I have installed it and read the plist and another person has remotely installed it and it says “10.8”

Is this a XOJO issue?

It’s not a Xojo issue, many others have submitted Xojo apps just fine (including myself.)

Check the .pkg you create before you upload it (not just the app installed by it)
Also check that you’re selecting the latest version when submitting for review and not selecting an old one.

If you would like, post the build online and give us a link, maybe one of us can understand what’s going on.

Here is a download link: http://praetersoftware.com/download/Quadratic.pkg

I swear, it is such a tiny little app to cause so much grief.

[quote=145437:@M Jacques]Here is a download link: http://praetersoftware.com/download/Quadratic.pkg

I swear, it is such a tiny little app to cause so much grief.[/quote]
The pkg is not signed, but all the pkg utilities I have floating around say the minimum os version of that .pkg is set at 10.8

Thank you for the quick response. I never realized packages are signed, too. I made this Xojo 2014 Release 1.1 and App Wrapper Mini. I used Xojo '14 Release 1.1 and App Wrapper Mini for three apps this summer and they were all fine when I uploaded them to the Mac App Store. How do I sign a package?

I just noticed App Wrapper Mini has an option for “Apple Recommended Format” Do you think this would do the trick? Apparently, I was using hybrid format before.

AppWraper is much better than mini, and I have NEVER had any problems with it.
You should seriously consider upgrading.

The package is signed, but it’s the App Store submission certificate, not Apple’s App Store distribution, which is why it doesn’t open on our machines.

The LSMinimumSystemVersion is “10.8”. Everything looks fine to me.

I can only think that the problem is because they’ve messed around with iTunes connect, for messing around’s sake. In the product info page, you need to remove the existing build and attach another build. When you upload a build to Apple it just gets piled in the ‘Pre-release’ section, until you then alter the product information and swap the build. I don’t know if you’ve done that already or not.

It confused me, I have an application with several uploads in the pre-release section because I didn’t realize this myself.

If you have App Wrapper 3 installed on your machine you can verify the package by opening it in App Wrapper 3.

[quote]I can only think that the problem is because they’ve messed around with iTunes connect, for messing around’s sake. In the product info page, you need to remove the existing build and attach another build. When you upload a build to Apple it just gets piled in the ‘Pre-release’ section, until you then alter the product information and swap the build. I don’t know if you’ve done that already or not

It confused me, I have an application with several uploads in the pre-release section because I didn’t realize this myself.[/quote]

This must be it. I must have selected the same old build over and over again, This is embarrassing. Major fail on Apple’s part for not making this apparent.

Indeed, once they’ve rejected a build you shouldn’t able to use it again…

I guess the same QA team oversaw this update as well as Yosemite and iOS 8!

Thanks all. My app got approved in no time once I realized I had to deselect the older build and select the newer one. So counter-intuitive.