BKeeney ActiveRecord: REALSQLDatabase vs SQLiteDatabase?

Hi Everybody and Bob,

I have take a look on ActiveRecords framework. Top-level job, Bob. :slight_smile:

I cannot find what is difference between REALSQLDatabase vs SQLiteDatabase?
I guess one of them is older and may be even deprecated?
They are both enabled on default, but they have small difference in code β€œβ€¦ > 2013”
Which one should be used by Xojo 2015 user?

I am going try to add VSqliteDatabaseAdapter to work with our Valentina Sqlite Server.

• Since we have 100% compatibility with native SQLite of Xojo, I guess this should be as easy as duplicate and rename Adaptor for native local SQLite of Xojo.
  • OR may be there is no need to make such duplicate and just test it with your native SQLite class?

[quote=207726:@Ruslan Zasukhin]I cannot find what is difference between REALSQLDatabase vs SQLiteDatabase?
I guess one of them is older and may be even deprecated?
They are both enabled on default, but they have small difference in code β€œβ€¦ > 2013”
Which one should be used by Xojo 2015 user?[/quote]

SQLiteDatabase

Thank you, Markus.

It looks we need add special Adaptor, because it needs provide host/login info.

Another question comes to mind.
Bob, with Valentina via our single plugin V4RB, we can get access to both

• local Sqlite engine copy, stored in our DLL, not in Xojo IDE.
  • remote Valentina Sqlite Server

I think most easy/correct way to use 2 different providers then, right?

REALSQLDatabase is the old Real Studio SQLite implementation and SQLiteDatabase is the newer version. I forget where the transition came it but a lot of people were still using the older version when we first created the ARGen utility.

Yes, having two different providers is probably the best way. Don’t forget to include a constant so users that don’t have the Valentina plugin can work with ActiveRecord.

If you want me to include it in the next release of ActiveRecord/ARGen please send me the files. I think we will do a new release towards the end of the year.

Hi Bob,
Hi All,

1. We have got it working.

2. Today was produced 6.0b33 of Valentina product line.
    V4RB contains now one Your desktop example ActiveRecords with changes required for Valentina SQLite Server

3. There is no sense to make adaptor for our LOCAL copy of SQLite, because AR-framework already gives some unified API to access local SQLite (in Xojo) and Valentina SQLite Server.

4. yes, it will be great add it to ARGen. Files you mean Example with modifications?

Sure, send me your modifications and I’ll add it in (in my copious amounts of free time).