I have a desktop application that communicates with several external rest api apps via the localhost. Im just starting to debug my app on big sur and I am getting an error 22 from the connection method on the first one that needs to connect. It seems like that happened before if the plist didnt provide proper security access so Im wondering if anyone knows. This application works well on Catalina and Win10 so Im thinking it must be big sur related security? Im googling but not finding anything yet.
@DerkJ - thank you. Heres my plist - Im not seeing anything. I am checking all the calls to these endpoints but they all work fine up until b.s. It really seems like something changed as to how to allow these calls but I am not finding anything so far…
Oh wow. Thanks Greg. I will get that out of there. It seems like on Win I had to use the numeric address and changed all the calls to use numeric as a result probably added that. I dont quite recall but I will definately ge that out as i had not known that. The NSAllowsLocalNetworking seems to be red flag though on MAS but I will certainly dig deeper.
While that’s true, I also often get this error code when the remote host is just unreachable. This error code 22 can mean beyond what it describes.
I’m thinking not being able to reach a computer also means a “bad parameter” (i.e. the address or port is bad, since the connection won’t work).
Right, I cant quite figure out whats going on yet as this connects on everything prior to bigsur and the creds arent different. I do remember getting this same error though before when I couldnt find the server. This is running on the local host with a known port so Im fairly mixed up as to why this isnt connecting. Is there a difference in the “Resources Folder” security wise, usage wise etc., in bigsur? Should I not be using that folder?
Thank you Sam - no and yes. I suspect it is the Resources location and am going to move it now. Of those you listed, is there a best one cross platform? This is a db application - which I took from the UG was the right location for such. Silly me, I know, I read that too quickly? (It doesnt say only to store thigns there). So I am thinking now that the “App Parent” will be the place for this?
IMHO, making sure that the helper is operational and bound to the correct port is probably the most critical.
Moving it to a different folder, probably won’t make that much different at this point, but certainly when it comes to shipping and future updates, it is advisable to follow the Apple guidelines on this.
The other thing to try, is to make sure that the compiled app in the Applications folder. It sounds odd, because it is odd, on the other hand, I’ve had App Store apps refuse to validate the receipts on any other folder than Applications and who knows what else now only works when the application is in the Applications folder.
Thanks guys - good advice, I will get them both in apps to run and check that but the test projects run on their own from their own build folders in xojo so it cant be an Applications folder limitation so far. The port is determined by the helper apps and is static. I have pulled the whole project appart now and am adding the helpers back in so should be hard at today after a few meetings. more soon.