bcrypt project

Is the code for this publicly available yet Kem?

It’s been, at my GitHub account. See:

https://github.com/ktekinay/Blowfish

Thanks. Good work.

Thanks, but I’d still like to make it faster. If you see a way, let me know.

Looks awesome, Kem! I just tested it out a bit against Einhuger and it came up with the same results. (As long as the data being encrypted was padded to an 8-byte boundary. Einhuger just leaves the last partial block unencrypted. You pad it out and encrypt, then remove the padding when you decrypt.)

What’s the licensing on this? BSD? LGPL?

Oh, but did you mis-name EncryptECB/DecryptECB? You seem to have them named EBC.

I thought I included it, but if not, I will.

Use it however you’d like anywhere you’d like. Just don’t remove any legal notices and, if you modify the code, mark your modifications plainly.

D’OH!!

I’ll fix that soon.

I may not have looked hard enough, and thanks a million!

Updated to fix the misspelling and with the license information.

[quote=61188:@scott boss]Sorry I’m late to the party.

Could bcrypt be written as part of the crypto class like BER, DER, MD5, etc? I am asking for feasibility here not asking Kem to do it.

I think having bcrypt, blowfish, twofish, etc added to the Xojo crypto class would be a win for Xojo. The more crypto options the better.

Kem good luck with the port to xojo.[/quote]

Theres a VB class on PSC that implement 100+ cryptos…including blowfish, twofish, bcrypt, etc… those may be easiest to convert to Xojo since the syntax is most similar than c/c++ code…although learning to port from c/c++ is a great learning experience.