Assembly Language Studio and the TC5510

Hi Everyone,

Well the latest version of Assembly Language Studio has been rolled out. Unfortunately after discussions with the client we’ve decided not to make it publicly available. I’m sorry, I know a number of people were wanting to play with it. Realistically though it was designed specifically for education use so it’s not a great real world example.

However, to brighten the mood, I have been working on a new product, the TC5510, an assembly language programmable simulation of a possible 8-Bit or 16-Bit retro computer. If you enjoy retro computers or yearn for computers of yesteryear then you might enjoy playing with this. I know I have. The 5510 learns from all the lessons of Assembly Language Studio to provide a streamlined instruction set and greatly improved performance. From the outset it was designed to be as small, as simple and as quick as possible.

I’ve uploaded a little demo of the 5510 to the following URL. Going forward I’ll be using the YouTube channel to chronicle further development and to provide release info when available, so subscribe if you’d like to keep up to date. Everything in the 5510 can be programmed in assembly by the user, the ROM, Palette, etc…

https://youtu.be/DIRzn85pHPI

Cheers

TC

1 Like

Learned coding in 68k Assembler at university (top notch tech at the time). Looking forward to your new project!

1 Like

Thanks Torsten,

TC