ARGEN

Huge fan of ARGEN and the BK Active Record. A few suggestions from a guy that has a large latency between projects (and thus gets caught off guard when things that used to work, quit working).

1. I recently fired up ARGEN and got a bunch of errors like this one:

Turns out I was using an older version of the BK Active Record that had a different method signature for ReadRecord method. No big deal, but it would be nice if ARGEN created the Active Record classes too. That way they’d be in sync.

1. Related to #1 the new ARGEN doesn’t include all of the constants in the module DataFile that are included in the ActiveRecord module called Data. It’d be nice to have those included so that errors like this can be avoided:

1. As noted in #2 ARGEN creates a module called DataFile while BK Active Record still references the module as Data:

1. Change the name of the DatabaseException class in the BKS_Database folder. The IDE is appending the number 1 to the end of the name generating this error.

It’s happening because there are two classes with the same name.

Sure it’s an IDE error because the module have a different scope, but it doesn’t appear to be a priority fix for Xojo.

Again, great product at an unbelievably low price point. Just a few niggling issues that could use some polish.

Actually if both those classes are global they have the same scope so they can’t have the same name

They’re both subclasses of runtime exception. Both are Public.

Well in that case the IDE may be wrong since pubic requires the use of the namespace
File a bug report abut this one please

DatabaseException1 should have the 1 removed. This is a bug I’ve seen before in copying the project classes between projects.

I will see what I can do to make this happen. It might solve the endless tech support emails with people that don’t have all of the Database plugins installed.

Thanks Bob!

Joseph - please mark Bob’s reply as the answer. I’ve also run into this same issue when copying between projects in the same IDE (not specific to the BK code).