Arbed not working these days?

Hi.
For a few months now, Arbed has been unable to open my projects for comparisons.
It gives internal error ‘mName’ not found.
Although there is an option to ignore, its pretty much dead by then.
Says its up to date.

Anyone else using this tool?

(Project saved from Xojo 2018 r3, in XML and in Binary formats.
Mac. Big Sur)

Just tried it with 2023 R2 … may be i did something foolish, but it is not working at all here.
No answer for this topic?

At the time,TT messaged to point me to a problem with a damaged file type.
Do you get any error messages?

Did you tried latest beta? There is one 2-3 weeks old.

https://files.tempel.org/Arbed/beta/1.9.8b9/

So basically, every time Xojo adds entity types (in this case for Android) @Thomas_Tempelmann needs to add them to Arbed and it may take a little bit of time.

(I tried to type Arbed twice above and autocorrect changed it to “Arby’s” grrrr)

It depends on the kind of type that gets added. As long as the folks at Xojo adhere to the original concept of the project format, they’ll use only structures that already exist, and simply add new key codes (4-char-codes) for the new items. Arbed will then parse them, and display them in a hierarchical list view, even if it doesn’t know what those codes mean. Some items are a bit more tricky, e.g. for windows, and there I currently still need to add them hard-wired in Arbed for displaying them in a reasonable format. But for most items, they’re just either a group (a set of items) or a value (as integer, string, double or boolean), which Arbed displays just fine.

And if you follow the instructions that Arbed shows when it encounters unknown codes, you can fix them yourself, giving them meaningful names by using the names from the XML format.

And yes, I recently made a new version (see betas) that should deal with the “mName” error and others. Let me know if it doesn’t.

Thomas

4 Likes

Thanks for the link - and did not work with the latest version …

and

Arbed v1.9.8b9
Platform: OS X
Assertion error ([PM1.xojo_project] Unknown file referencing keyword in main project file: DesktopWindow)

Stack trace:
RuntimeRaiseException
Exceptions.StackTrace%A1s%b
Exceptions.Assert%%bss
RB_VCP_Config.RB_Error%%s
RBBaseItem.RB_Error%%o<RBBaseItem>s
RBProject.ReadVCPProject%b%o<RBProject>o<RBVCPContext>o<TextInputStream>o<FolderItem>bo<ProgressIndicator>
RBDocument.LoadProjectFromFile%b%o<RBDocument>o<FolderItem>bo<ProgressIndicator>b
RBPrjVCPFileReader.OpenProjectFile%b%o<RBPrjVCPFileReader>o<ProjectFile>o<ProgressIndicator>o<RBPrjOpenOptions>&s
RBPrjFileReader.OpenProjectFile%b%o<RBPrjFileReader>o<ProjectFile>o<ProgressIndicator>o<RBPrjOpenOptions>&s
RBPrjSupport.LoadNewPrjItemsTree%b%o<ProjectFile>&o<RBPrjItemsTree>&so<ProgressIndicator>bbb
RBPrjSupport.LoadNewPrjItemsTreeShowingProgressAndErrors%b%o<ProjectFile>o<ProgressIndicator>&o<RBPrjItemsTree>bbb
HL.GetTree%o<HL.AProject>%o<FolderItem>o<ProgressIndicator>bb
RBPrjHLWin.RBPrjHLWin.!ShowProject%o<RBPrjHLWin.RBPrjHLWin>%o<FolderItem>
MainWin.MainWin.handleEditorDrop%%o<MainWin.MainWin>v
MainWin.MainWin.hlEditorBox_DropObject%%o<MainWin.MainWin>o<GroupBoxDroppable>o<MyDragItem>
Delegate.IM_Invoke%%o<GroupBoxDroppable>o<MyDragItem>
AddHandler.Stub.18%%o<MyDragItem>
GroupBoxDroppable.TimerFired%%o<GroupBoxDroppable>o<Timer>
XojoFramework$14445
__CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_TIMER_CALLBACK_FUNCTION__
__CFRunLoopDoTimer
__CFRunLoopDoTimers
__CFRunLoopRun
CFRunLoopRunSpecific
-[NSRunLoop(NSRunLoop) runMode:beforeDate:]
-[NSRunLoop(NSRunLoop) runUntilDate:]
NSCoreDragTrackingProc
DoTrackingMessage
CoreDragMessageHandler
__CFMessagePortPerform
__CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_SOURCE1_PERFORM_FUNCTION__
__CFRunLoopDoSource1
__CFRunLoopRun
CFRunLoopRunSpecific
RunCurrentEventLoopInMode
ReceiveNextEventCommon
_BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInModeWithFilter
_DPSNextEvent
-[NSApplication(NSEvent) _nextEventMatchingEventMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:]
XojoFramework$4704
XojoFramework$4705
Application._CallFunctionWithExceptionHandling%%o<Application>p
_Z33CallFunctionWithExceptionHandlingPFvvE
XojoFramework$4704
-[NSApplication run]
RuntimeRun
REALbasic._RuntimeRun
_Main
main

Thank you for your answer again …

Are you still using the b9? There’s a 1.9.8 final out.

I have tried 1.9.8b9 from the link.

If I download and use the current download I get this:

and this:

There were errors loading PM1.xojo_project:

Exception when loading /Users/md/Prog/Phaenomind/Code/PM1.xojo_project

Runtime ([PM1.xojo_project] Unknown file referencing keyword in main project file: DesktopWindow) {RuntimeRaiseException; Exceptions.Assert%%bss; RB_VCP_Config.RB_Error%%s; RBBaseItem.RB_Error%%o<RBBaseItem>s; RBProject.ReadVCPProject%b%o<RBProject>o<RBVCPContext>o<TextInputStream>o<FolderItem>bo<ProgressIndicator>; RBDocument.LoadProjectFromFile%b%o<RBDocument>o<FolderItem>bo<ProgressIndicator>b; RBPrjVCPFileReader.OpenProjectFile%b%o<RBPrjVCPFileReader>o<ProjectFile>o<ProgressIndicator>o<RBPrjOpenOptions>&s; RBPrjFileReader.OpenProjectFile%b%o<RBPrjFileReader>o<ProjectFile>o<ProgressIndicator>o<RBPrjOpenOptions>&s; RBPrjSupport.LoadNewPrjItemsTree%b%o<ProjectFile>&o<RBPrjItemsTree>&so<ProgressIndicator>bbb; RBPrjSupport.LoadNewPrjItemsTreeShowingProgressAndErrors%b%o<ProjectFile>o<ProgressIndicator>&o<RBPrjItemsTree>bbb; HL.GetTree%o<HL.AProject>%o<FolderItem>o<ProgressIndicator>bb; RBPrjHLWin.RBPrjHLWin.!ShowProject%o<RBPrjHLWin.RBPrjHLWin>%o<FolderItem>; MainWin.MainWin.handleEditorDrop%%o<MainWin.MainWin>v; MainWin.MainWin.hlEditorBox_DropObject%%o<MainWin.MainWin>o<GroupBoxDroppable>o<MyDragItem>; Delegate.IM_Invoke%%o<GroupBoxDroppable>o<MyDragItem>; AddHandler.Stub.18%%o<MyDragItem>; GroupBoxDroppable.TimerFired%%o<GroupBoxDroppable>o<Timer>; XojoFramework$14445; __CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_TIMER_CALLBACK_FUNCTION__; __CFRunLoopDoTimer; __CFRunLoopDoTimers; __CFRunLoopRun; CFRunLoopRunSpecific; -[NSRunLoop(NSRunLoop) runMode:beforeDate:]; -[NSRunLoop(NSRunLoop) runUntilDate:]; NSCoreDragTrackingProc; DoTrackingMessage; CoreDragMessageHandler; __CFMessagePortPerform; __CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_SOURCE1_PERFORM_FUNCTION__; __CFRunLoopDoSource1; __CFRunLoopRun; CFRunLoopRunSpecific; RunCurrentEventLoopInMode; ReceiveNextEventCommon; _BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInModeWithFilter; _DPSNextEvent; -[NSApplication(NSEvent) _nextEventMatchingEventMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:]; XojoFramework$4704; XojoFramework$4705; Application._CallFunctionWithExceptionHandling%%o<Application>p; _Z33CallFunctionWithExceptionHandlingPFvvE; XojoFramework$4704; -[NSApplication run]; RuntimeRun; REALbasic._RuntimeRun; _Main; main; }

Just trying it again … :wink:

Oh, that’s because you’re opening a textual project. Arbed can’t handle them any more, meaning I can’t keep up with Xojo’s constant changes to the format. You can open most newer projects only when you save them first in binary format, sorry.