Applying webpagesource/HTML/CSS

Hi all,

I’m kindly looking for help with regards to a design request I have which basically is I have to my application as shown in my design here and I would like to apply an image on the blue bit which is a webrectangle placed on another webrectangle and the 2nd (white) webrectangle placed on the webpage. I understand one can apply a webpagesource (html/css) to a web application in order to set an image as a background.

I had two questions regarding this:

1. How do you go about this as so far I’ve found it difficult to find a simple example?
  2. Can a webpagesource (html/css) be applied to a control specifically a webrectangle?

Really appreciate any help/assistance.

Regards,
Alex.

I wouldn’t use a WebPageSource for this. Because of the way they’re inserted (at runtime) some of the browsers don’t render the contained HTML correctly.

I see two options immediately:

1. Use a WebImageView and just place the image where you want it.
  2. Use a WebSDK control. If you’re familiar with HTML/CSS/Javascript, you could construct your own control.

@ Greg: Thanks for the reply. Sorry to sound trivial but do you know of any starter/sample programs on how to apply the webcontrol.

I noticed you replied this question regarding its use with Javascript.

Using the webcontrol SDK I guess in my case this means I could create a slideshow through customising a WebImageView?

Thanks,
Alex.

Also for what you’re trying to do. WebContainers sounds like a direction you should look into. Most my WebApps are just a ton of WebContainers within WebContainers.

Simply use an WebImage View. That is the control to show pictures. http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/WebImageView

No need to go use HTML ? ? ?

Hi all,

To address my issue regarding setting an image I’ve utilised the canvas component and in its Paint event handler set the desired image. This works but I would like to find out is this a better approach than using the WebImageView or the ImageWell components?

[quote=133640:@Alex Monari]Hi all,

To address my issue regarding setting an image I’ve utilised the canvas component and in its Paint event handler set the desired image. This works but I would like to find out is this a better approach than using the WebImageView or the ImageWell components?[/quote]

Did not realize your post in the other thread was related to this one. The advantage of a canvas is precisely that it will enable you to scale and move the picture.