Apple Developer Program

Ok… I just bit the bullet and gave Apple my $106.92 to join the iOS Developer Program…
Can anyone tell me exactly what they will be sending me, and about how long it takes?

Not sure what these “certificates” actually consist of

[quote=182881:@Dave S]Ok… I just bit the bullet and gave Apple my $106.92 to join the iOS Developer Program…
Can anyone tell me exactly what they will be sending me, and about how long it takes?

Not sure what these “certificates” actually consist of[/quote]

You will probably have access to your developer space tomorrow. As for the certificates thing, you need two : one for development, which will enable you to build for test, and one for the app store. Get prepared to read quite a lot.

Among the most precious literature, look in the Xojo documentation for QuickStartiOS. If you follow it step by step, you will be good.

you say I need two… I am assuming (I hope) that for my $100 I get both?

and that “QuickStartIOS” doesn’t talk about signing/Xcode/deployment other than a paragraph on that last page or so

Yes, there are no more costs from apple side.

and just what are these certificates … in a physical sense… just a “code” like a UUID or something?

A file that Xcode downloads for you. You just have to sync Xcode after logging in and you should be all set. It’s pretty easy and straightforward.

You’ll want to review:

So far this is NOT going well… been 18 hours (the website said it would take “a few minutes”), and when I attempt to login to Dev Account, it is saying “unable to verify information”, yet all the information is there and is visible and is correct…

Waiting to hear back from Apple…

I had the same problem. For some reason they were unable to verify me so two days later they sent a request for a copy of my driver’s license. About 12 hours after I submitted it everything was all set.

Probably because you didn’t use your face in your gravatar :wink:

Yeah, I just got the same request… Strange, since nothing has changed since I created that APple profile 8 years ago.

Hi Dave - did you join under your own name or a business name? I assume your own name but just in case, the business name takes much longer.

Sometimes my renewal is delayed but I’ve sent them a message and a friendly person has usually called me promptly and resolved the issue quickly.

[quote=183096:@Gavin Smith]Hi Dave - did you join under your own name or a business name? I assume your own name but just in case, the business name takes much longer.

Sometimes my renewal is delayed but I’ve sent them a message and a friendly person has usually called me promptly and resolved the issue quickly.[/quote]
My own name… I had changed one thing…the CC I used when I created the Profile originally (used for previous iTunes purchases) was no longer valid, and I provided a newer updated one…

I find the requirement for emailing a PNG version of my Drivers License kind of funny… I mean really, how hard is it to fake that level of documentation should one be so inclined… :slight_smile:

Don’t tell them ; they are tacky enough as it is :wink:

Well my first iOS app was just accepted into the MAS… [shhhh… it wasn’t written in XOJO]
First submission, accepted with NO issues…

Probably not accepted into the Mac App Store. I bet you meant the iOS App Store.

yeah… that :slight_smile:

just got second app accepted into the “iOS App Store” :slight_smile:

too bad iTunes Connect is broken, so I can’t verify anything :frowning:

[quote=185265:@Dave S]just got second app accepted into the “iOS App Store” :slight_smile:

too bad iTunes Connect is broken, so I can’t verify anything :([/quote]
Congratulations Dave!!

Good morning everybody (it’s morning here in Europe)!

I’d like to throw in my question regarding certs. Are the iOS Developer program certs the same I already have for Mac Developer program or will I recieve new ones?