Apple beta release and NDA

[quote=95150:@Karen Atkocius]Why in the world would anyone think that bug report is showstopper?

• KAren[/quote]

Where did I say that? Your taking my post out of context. The point you quote isn’t even about bug report. Controls have alignment issues and they even effect compiled apps.

Exactly. Everyone thinks it’s a sin for me to post even though I don’t use the product. My post was even constructive. All I asked is “if product A can do it why can’t you? Why do you need 4 years?”. It’s like asking about other products is the biggest sin ever.

Perhaps you don’t know what “constructive” means…

Shane,
I think the 2 vulgarities, and the manner in which you posted, were the problem - not the fact that you mentioned a product!

Drink a cup of camomile tea and listen to some whale music, and then read back your post and try to see why it could be construed as inappropriate.

I’ll stand up for Shane. But I just ignore any personal verbiage, c’mon people, who cares. It’s just software.

Shane initially said “its way far behind” and “its littered with bugs”. I don’t see whats arguable about either point,factually. Xojo is “behind”, of course depending on where you sit. From where I sit they are behind. However Xojo is the best thing out there for complete RAD solutions. But they are behind.

“Littered with bugs” - well, for me I can sidestep all of them. Xojo has inadequacies but those aren’t bugs. But when the new IDE came out, it’s certainly a factual statement. And I don’t use Xojo, I’m still back a ways in REAL.

C’mon people, Shane ain’t no troll, he’s just asking the hard questions. High expectations help set the bar higher. “Appropriate”? “Constructive”? I didn’t know we had a nice guy code here. If he wants to fire away, let him. Take what he says on the merits. (He was OT though.)

Personally, if Xojo was able to employ more people, things would get done faster. But the market apparently isn’t big enough to do such a thing. And Xojo fortunately has no serious competition. That may be a good thing (for company survival) or a bad thing, that they can save money and take their time. But that may be a Catch 22 statement, perhaps they don’t have serious competition because any competitor would face the same challenges Xojo already experiences, and late in the game they don’t care to start.

I had to stop waiting for Xojo about a year ago, meaning that I’ve been working on getting good at XCode and doing things that way. But I use REAL/Xojo quite a bit still and I like it, it takes me where I need to go - for now. But I can’t wait around, there’s tools that have done what I’m waiting for, for a long time now. So I’m learning those while I wait for Xojo. No matter what, it keeps me learning.

This thread is about Apple beta and NDA, so I suppose we are hijacking it - sorry.

[quote=95119:@Norman Palardy]But I assume since you can authoritatively cry “bullshit” that you’ve done such an amount of work and found that you just hit “recompile” on your 15+ years of code and it just magically worked first time.
Awesome for you.[/quote]

If he uses Xojo he probably could :wink:

[quote=95191:@Garth Hjelte]I’ll stand up for Shane. But I just ignore any personal verbiage, c’mon people, who cares. It’s just software.

Shane initially said “its way far behind” and “its littered with bugs”. I don’t see whats arguable about either point,factually. Xojo is “behind”, of course depending on where you sit. From where I sit they are behind. However Xojo is the best thing out there for complete RAD solutions. But they are behind.

“Littered with bugs” - well, for me I can sidestep all of them. Xojo has inadequacies but those aren’t bugs. But when the new IDE came out, it’s certainly a factual statement. And I don’t use Xojo, I’m still back a ways in REAL.

C’mon people, Shane ain’t no troll, he’s just asking the hard questions. High expectations help set the bar higher. “Appropriate”? “Constructive”? I didn’t know we had a nice guy code here. If he wants to fire away, let him. Take what he says on the merits. (He was OT though.)

Personally, if Xojo was able to employ more people, things would get done faster. But the market apparently isn’t big enough to do such a thing. And Xojo fortunately has no serious competition. That may be a good thing (for company survival) or a bad thing, that they can save money and take their time. But that may be a Catch 22 statement, perhaps they don’t have serious competition because any competitor would face the same challenges Xojo already experiences, and late in the game they don’t care to start.

I had to stop waiting for Xojo about a year ago, meaning that I’ve been working on getting good at XCode and doing things that way. But I use REAL/Xojo quite a bit still and I like it, it takes me where I need to go - for now. But I can’t wait around, there’s tools that have done what I’m waiting for, for a long time now. So I’m learning those while I wait for Xojo. No matter what, it keeps me learning.

This thread is about Apple beta and NDA, so I suppose we are hijacking it - sorry.[/quote]

Thank you. If it were Apple or Microsoft, everyone would be calling foul and demanding a resolution. But Xojo?

Like you, I couldn’t keep playing the waiting game anymore. I’ve started to use Xamarin since I know and like the way .NET works. I’ll also pick up on Swift once Yosemite releases it’s first BETA. Widgets will be interesting to write.

However, I do agree that I started the thread derailing. [Also, if people can’t stand language, then maybe Xojo should add more words to the censor list :wink: ]

puts up a flame shield for you

@Karen Atkocius
Misread your post. The main issue is the bug report affects compiled apps. Meaning controls may be out of place on different OS’es, etc.

Life would be nice without some people need to keep putting down others to make themselves feel better :frowning:

Because asking the hard questions = putting others down. Right…

Telling people how bad is the tool they have chosen to use, which implies that we are all retarded or dumb, is insensitive at best. Constantly complaining about Xojo while telling us you no longer use it probably makes you feel good, but is there any positive contribution you could bring to the community ?

Some people here spend their time trying to empower others and help them achieve their projects. Have you ever recently even attempted to do anything else than spit in the soup ? I would be delighted to be proven wrong by seing you actually try to share some useful knowledge.

Yes how come shane gets away with ■■■■■■■■ but i used the word t i t and it was censored. I and used it in the expression t i t for tat.

automatic word detection… A “nice” (or “be nice” :wink: ) feature of the forum. Obviously, it fails at the “be nice” step, as is evidenced earlier.

I love the way the word T I T got banned - made me laugh :slight_smile:

[quote=95181:@Shane Gibbs][quote=95150:@Karen Atkocius]Why in the world would anyone think that bug report is showstopper?

• KAren[/quote]
    Where did I say that? Your taking my post out of context. The point you quote isn’t even about bug report. Controls have alignment issues and they even effect compiled apps.
    [/quote]
    3 hours before you replied to Karen right where you wrote

[quote=95121:@Shane Gibbs]Typical… You can’t see that Xojo is so behind and buggy? Let’s see:

1. Alignment Show stopper Bugs. Check. (See Case #31338 and the referenced case in the comments in 31338)
    [/quote]
    or right on the case where it says
    Shane Gibbs on May 23, 2014 at 1:17 AM
    Six months and two releases later, and this bug is still persistent. This is truly a show stopper and I cannot believe that other users aren’t reporting this.