App Wrapper with multiple developers

We have a number of developers and we each will update applications and post them to our website, so my plan is to buy each of them a copy of App Wrapper. I want to create the configuration for each of our apps and then copy them to the other developers computers so that they don’t have to create the configuration files that I’ve already created on my computer. Is this possible?

Since App Wrapper comes from Ohanaware, you really ought to tag @Sam_Rowlands to get a definitive answer.

App Wrapper configurations are files so I can’t see why you wouldn’t be able to distribute and use it for more than one user.

1 Like

Multiple developers is possible, yes

That wasn’t exactly what I meant. The developer ID is the same but we have more than one person who will be building and posting updates to our applications. Hence, I wanted to share the configuration files created in App Wrapper without forcing each user to create them.

What I found is that they can in fact be copied to another user’s computer; however, you do need to do the following:

1. Choose the application (might be in a different location on someone else’s computer - this is done in the Action menu next to the configuration’s file name at the top of the screen)
  2. In the Packing section, select the location of the DMGCanvas configuration file. (We are building a DMG so the DMGCanvas configuration file to create the DMG may be in a different location)
  3. Also in the Packing section, select the developer account under the “Submit to Apple” section. This is where you will have to enter the email address for the Apple developer account AND the application specific password.

After that, it works without issue.

Definitely faster than creating new configuration files and eliminates the possibility that someone does something different than another developer.