Ohanaware Co., Ltd. are very proud to announce the immediate release of App Wrapper 4.4. An update to their popular premium post-build processor for the macOS. This release resolves some issues, provides more options and improves App Wrapper accessibility.
Since 2011 Ohanaware have been developing their premium post-build processor, aiding developers to process their applications for Apple’s App Store and Apple’s Notarization process. Version 4 is the fourth re-write of the product, taking everything that Ohanaware have learned in the last 10 years and re-employing that knowledge to create a modern, more assistive, more discoverable, more capable and importantly, more expandable product for todays post-build requirements.
Version 4.4 includes 21 new features, 14 improvements and 6 bug fixes.
- Now supports Provisioning Profiles
- New Help Viewer, so that all customers on Monterey can access the application help.
- New update system, that is lighter and will allow for architecture specific versions.
- Finally imported the purchase window designed back in Summer of 2021.
- Includes a new Honeycomb background texture.
- Changing Panes in the App Wrapper document now has animation.
- Credits Editor, now includes the option to reset the typeface and color to Apple system settings.
- App Sandbox is now enabled for the Development channel by default (only affects new documents).
- Can now search the credits editor
- Auto adds networking entitlement for App Sandbox and detection of the Xojo HTMLViewer
- App Wrapper now indexes it’s own help
- Checking now does tests on the packing settings.
- Checking now checks DMG Canvas version for compatibility.
- Checking now check settings for Submission to Apple (including Notarization).
- Added QuickLook support to the “Add Files” section of the Bundle Contents.
- Keychain Access Groups
- Can now export and import property lists from the property list editor.
- Now supports setting Search Keywords to help customers find your apps.
- Now adds support for Notch settings
- Smart Card Reader to the Hardware Access entitlements
- App Wrapper is now able to walk back on a Certificate trust chain and establish if a cert or cert on the chain is self-signed when it shouldn’t be.
- Fixed an issue where the Save dialog would display instead of the file type.
- Preferences icon is now correctly highlighted when opening the preferences window.
- Checking now validates bundle contents for “Development” release.
- OWListBox now shows row highlight color while editing the contents of a row.
- Added Fix for “Progress” not showing consistently.
- Fixed a bug with the property list editor and editing array values.
- Now includes an option to use Development channel for debugging App Store apps.
- Improved the message when trying to open an application with a document, while it’s already linked to another.
- Now handles broken aliases for documents, instead of saying the format isn’t recognized.
- The page selector in the sidebar is always visible and doesn’t require scrolling.
- Splash Screen buttons now offer two rows for the label.
- Info pane in an App Wrapper now displays the file name instead of the application name.
- Updated the usage of Remove v.s. Delete to better their actions.
- Many minor consistency changes throughout the UI, to better match icons and labels.
- Improved the “Add Files” section of bundle contents
- Improved the speed of displaying the Bundle Contents as each section is only loaded on display.
- Renamed some of the options on Bundle Mods to make it clearer as to what they do.
- Checking now checks for duplicate bundle identifiers
- Improved channel selector to help identity which channel is currently selected.
- Improved filtering of Code Signing Certificates.
App Wrapper 4.4 was built with Xojo, using the Ohanaware App Kit 2021, and wrapped with App Wrapper 4.4.
- macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra, macOS 10.14 Mojave, macOS 10.15 Catalina, macOS 11 Big Sur and macOS 12 Monterey
- 8GB of RAM.
- 50MB of disk space.
- Xcode 10 or newer.
App Wrapper 4.4 is a FREE update to all participants of the Omegabundle 2021, and to customers with a valid Update Plan.
App Wrapper 4.4 is also available from the Ohanaware Website. App Wrapper 4 offers a no-obligation 14 Day trial. The RRP of App Wrapper 4 is $49.99 (USD) for a single user 1-Year Update Plan. Customers with a valid Update Plan can upgrade to App Wrapper 4.4 at no additional cost. Customers with expired Update Plans can extend their plans for $39.99 (USD). Ohanaware currently uses FastSpring to handle payments on the Ohanaware website.
App Wrapper 4 Product Webpage