App store version issue

So I just uploaded the most recent version of the app that I’m currently working on to the app store for release via test flight and got the following warning

ITMS-90725: SDK Version Issue - This app was built with the iOS 13.0 SDK. All iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later, included in Xcode 11 or later. Further, starting April 26, 2021 iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 14 SDK or later, included in Xcode 12 or later.

I am using Xojo 2020r2 and Xcode 12 with command line tools set to Xcode 12.4. Does this mean that I have to update to the most recent Xojo version or is there some other setting that I am missing?

You update Xojo.

Thanks, Christian. I was afraid of that… Wonder when the Spring Xojo sale is going to be…

1 Like

That is just a warning. You can still distribute your app to App Store connect by tapping the “…” button and select “Distribute”.

If you are lucky enough, your app update will be reviewed before Monday which is the deadline for using iOS 14 SDK.

Why Apple does so much to break backwards compatibity is very frustrating

1 Like

Submitted. Fingers crossed!

True, but Apple’s tools are free. It is too bad that Xojo 2020r2, which was released after iOS 14 was released, does not identify to the App Store as being built with iOS 14 (apparently) but those are the breaks… I’d have to update eventually.

Why is my Intel version being notarized fine while the ARM version pukes over §$%& everything?

What is the problem of serving a §$%& CSS file for the AppStore on El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra?

Apple’s tools are free.

No reason for them to break backwards compatibility though.

Agreed. In this case though, I am using the latest version of Xcode and a version of Xojo that was released just six months ago. It is the six month old version of Xojo that is obsolete (for development of iOS apps) due to a move by Apple that could well have been anticipated ever since WWDC 2020.

Because my Xojo license expired literally days after the release of 2020r2, I knew that I was living on borrowed time but just hoping eke out another six months before needing to purchase a new Xojo license. So it goes…

I suppose Xojo would argue that adding the iOS 14 SDK compatibility would have extended development time and the release of 2020r2 by weeks in which case I would not have been able to use r2 at all, and they might well be right.

Apple’s unsentimentally abandoning backwards compatibility is a double-edge sword and I can see both sides of the argument. It’s an argument probably best had over a beer (or three)!

Yeah
Its this ‘Xojo wont work with’ thing that bugs me.
Every other Xojo licence in theory allows you to continue building after the licence expires.
The iOS licence is 3 times the price of a Lite desktop one, but can be obsolete very quickly.
Ive been caught the way you were, and the experience really left a bad taste.

Well, Apple just asks you to use the latest Xcode and SDK for new apps.
The SDK has been available since June 2020.

If you use iOS target in Xojo, you have to stay on current, often use pre-release versions as Xojo Inc. follows whatever Apple changes.

And that happens for me also. From one day to other they change something on their automated tests and I had to update plugins. e.g. some clients can only submit using 21.2 pre-release and not with our last release 21.1.