Anybody written a class to workaround the groupbox bug?

Has anybody written a class to workaround the groupbox bug? Maybe there should be a class that possibly uses something like ContainerControls to workaround the bug.

I find the bug really annoying and I am having trouble working around the bug. It does not seem to let me use the old ‘me.parent = nil’ workaround. I need something more productive to my workflow.

Thanks

[quote=133420:@Oliver Scott-Brown]Has anybody written a class to workaround the groupbox bug? Maybe there should be a class that possibly uses something like ContainerControls to workaround the bug.

I find the bug really annoying and I am having trouble working around the bug. It does not seem to let me use the old ‘me.parent = nil’ workaround. I need something more productive to my workflow.[/quote]

Which bug are you talking about ? ‘Groupbox’ leads to many bug reports …

Groupboxes within groupboxes. Thanks

And what bug is that?
If you are going to state something as a bug, it might help to explain the precise situation to keep people from guessing.

A groupbox inside a groupbox… ok… works fine for me… not a design paradigm I use often…

I do seem to recall it did not work about 4 versions back or so… but it works fine now…

So if you think there is still a problem… be as specific as possible… post some code that fails,
does it blow up?
does it look visually incorrect, but work other wise?
etc.

[quote=133449:@Dave S]And what bug is that?
If you are going to state something as a bug, it might help to explain the precise situation to keep people from guessing.

A groupbox inside a groupbox… ok… works fine for me… not a design paradigm I use often…

I do seem to recall it did not work about 4 versions back or so… but it works fine now…

So if you think there is still a problem… be as specific as possible… post some code that fails,
does it blow up?
does it look visually incorrect, but work other wise?
etc.[/quote]
In Windows the text is bold for the caption of a groupbox within a groupbox.

Thanks

OK.
Can you remove the caption from the embedded group box and emulate it using a Label?

[quote=133502:@Jeff Tullin]OK.
Can you remove the caption from the embedded group box and emulate it using a Label?[/quote]
Thanks Jeff. This works. Good idea.

From what I understand, the display issue on Windows with a GroupBox within a GroupBox is a Win32 issue and is not specific to Xojo. A workaround is to set the Parent property to Nil for the GroupBoxes in the Open event handler of the Window.

Paul is correct. Xojo is not the issue. You can draw a custom groupbox using a canvas. XDS also has canvas based group boxes to reference from.

Thanks. That sounds all right. Or I could create a ContainerControl with a label and a groupbox.

Thanks for the suggestions.

That’s the way I did it, and just stuck in a lot of properties to handle the look and feel.

Thanks