Any ideas about how to fix "Add a profile to the 'provisioningProfiles' dictionary in your Export Options property list"?

We ran into a show stopper today with building the iOS app for App Store and not getting past this error:

The operation couldn’t be completed. 2022-10-24 18:59:05.369 xcodebuild[48100:2345821] [MT] IDEDistribution: -[IDEDistributionLogging _createLoggingBundleAtPath:]: Created bundle at path “/var/folders/03/2qpllj65757fmv_40hfxtc1c0000gn/T/Manager_2022-10-24_18-59-05.369.xcdistributionlogs”.

error: exportArchive: “Extension.appex” requires a provisioning profile with the App Groups feature.

Error Domain=IDEProvisioningErrorDomain Code=9 ““Extension.appex” requires a provisioning profile with the App Groups feature.” UserInfo={IDEDistributionIssueSeverity=3, NSLocalizedDescription=“Extension.appex” requires a provisioning profile with the App Groups feature., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Add a profile to the “provisioningProfiles” dictionary in your Export Options property list.}

I can see that Xojo generates some plist files in the temporary folder and then deletes them. Can we add such an entry to the plist used for signing?

You don’t. You need to go to your apple dev account and add it to the Application Identifier, regenerate your provisioning profiles and then have Xcode download everything again.

Thanks Greg. The App Groups feature is in the app identifier and in the provisioning profiles. I had this working when I was allowing Xcode to manage profiles for me but then Xojo wasn’t able to build my app against an Xcode managed profile so I removed them and made it a manual profile and that’s when I started getting this error. Please let me know if you think of anything else I could try.

The error says It’s your extension that needs the App Groups feature.

Yes and the extension has the App Groups feature, as does the identifier for the Xojo app (because the app needs to share data with the extension).

Just to be clear, you’ve checked the App Groups item in Xcode as well as setting it in the Application Identifier on Apple’s Dev Portal, correct? 'cause beyond that I’m not sure why you’d be getting that error.