Android Support

Is there native Android support planned for Xojo?

Thanks

[quote=53617:@Oliver Scott-Brown]Is there native Android support planned for Xojo?

Thanks[/quote]

Sure. Right after iOS R4 ;D ;D ;D

It is on our radar - but not scheduled.

try here, many of us use this tool B4A

Thankyou, I am already aware of this tool but it need the Xojo framwork for XojoScript.

I would not expect XojoScript to work on mobile initially (if at all).

How come? Is it because it is not something people look for in a mobile app as much as with a desktop app? No worries anyway, I shall just use Java SDK, if that is possible? :expressionless:

BTW thanks.

XojoScript compiles your script before execution - this not allowed on iOS (not sure about Android but feature parity would be important I think).

O

[quote=53792:@Oliver Scott-Brown]Thankyou, I am already aware of this tool but it need the Xojo framwork for XojoScript.[/quote]What?

If you want to cover as many bases as possible check out Qt from Digia. As well as Linux, Windows and Mac desktops it works for lots of current and imminent mobile platforms too - Android, BB10, iOS, Ubuntu Touch, Sailfish, …

It’s a bit trickier to master than Xojo though.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Even though I would not want to build apps for a market that is inaccessible from non-jailbroken devices, you could run it on jailbroken devices. I am sure people are not this desperate for XojoScript anyway.

Thanks

On iOS you can use interpreters but all code would have to be typed in on the device. Not allowed to download code externally.

It does not sound appealing at all for the project which I am currently developing. I will just to build with XCode.

Thanks

[quote=53820:@Oliver Scott-Brown]It does not sound appealing at all for the project which I am currently developing. I will just to build with XCode.

Thanks[/quote]
‘just to build’ *just have to build