Adding New App Icon Size

Apple has apparently changed their App Icon size requirements. They now require an 83.5x83.5 x 2 (167x167) icon size which is not included in 2016 release 2 Xojo yet. I can generate the proper size icon and add it to the project. The build then includes this new size icon image. But I am having a problem figuring out how to change the info.plist to reference this new icon size. For the iPad icons the plist that Xojo produces is:

<key>CFBundleIcons~ipad</key> <dict> <key>CFBundlePrimaryIcon</key> <dict> <key>CFBundleIconFiles</key> <array> <string>AppIcon29x29</string> <string>AppIcon40x40</string> <string>AppIcon76x76</string> </array> </dict> </dict>

I need to add to the array:
AppIcon167x167

I chose to include an info.plist file in the project with the following code:

<key>CFBundleIcons~ipad</key> <dict> <key>CFBundlePrimaryIcon</key> <dict> <key>CFBundleIconFiles</key> <array> <string>AppIcon29x29</string> <string>AppIcon40x40</string> <string>AppIcon76x76</string> <string>AppIcon167x167</string> </array> </dict> </dict>

Xoxo puts this into the build info.plist as:

<key>CFBundlePrimaryIcon</key> <dict><key>CFBundleIconFiles</key><array><string>AppIcon29x29</string><string>AppIcon40x40</string><string>AppIcon76x76</string><string>AppIcon167x167</string></array></dict>

This doesn’t satisfy iTune Connect. Any suggestions?

I won’t post any code because I have been told not to…
However, Xcode projects seem to store this information in the IMAGE.XCASSETS folder in a file called CONTENTS.JSON
and NOT in the PLIST.INFO file as you mentioned above

and the actual name of the image is not important, what IS important is the references in the JSON file

[ANY CODE SAMPLES PROVIDED ARE FOR ILLUSTATION PURPOSES ONLY, AND IT IS UP TO THE USER TO DETERMINE ANY/ALL MODIFICATION REQUIRED TO MAKE IT FIT THEIR PURPOSE OR DESIGN,]

Yes, Apple has added this app icon requirement for iPad Pro now. If you have access to the Beta channel, you can ask about and test our relevant changes there.