Add-ons

I really would love to use these text-oriented add-ons as they fit in some Xojo gaps quite nicely. Is there any chance to use them? If not, why does Xojo Inc. not seek more exposure by negotiating with the developers of such tools?

“… for NET, WinForm, ASP .NET, C#, Win32, Win64, ActiveX, Jave, Applet, ASP, Visual Basic, VBSCRIPT, JSCRIPT, VB6, MFC, Delphi, Powerbuilder, Foxpro”

Why don’t you ask THEM to support Xojo? Wouldn’t that make more sense? Especially as they support VisualBasic?

Ehmm uhhmmm… something tells me that they won’t…

Bug THEM until they do :slight_smile:

OK. I write them a note. Keep you posted.

Hi Sander,

On 9/22/2015 3:45 PM, Sander van der Linden wrote:
Hi,

My question: Are you going to add Xojo to your list of supported languages?
We do not have an immediate plan, but we will consider it for a future support.

Sincerely,
Subhash

On OS X, you have most of those built right into the system:
• Built-in spellchecking.
• RTF support, with editing.
• PDF support, and conversion between formats.
• PDF to image and vice-versa.

Using Office and Apple Script on the Mac, you can probably convert between all the different formats that Office supports.

[quote=215455:@Sam Rowlands]On OS X, you have most of those built right into the system:
• Built-in spellchecking.
• RTF support, with editing.
• PDF support, and conversion between formats.
• PDF to image and vice-versa.

Using Office and Apple Script on the Mac, you can probably convert between all the different formats that Office supports.[/quote]

Hi Sam,

I’m targeting Windows… unfortunately.

Alexander

What about declares? I always thought that they were really scary. But after an hour of help by Thomas Tempelmann I was able to create some simple ones for the Chilkat library. I think that the Windows declares have a slightly less insane syntax than the Cocoa ones.

The pricing of the add-ons is very high. 500$ for one single component? I’d evaluate different ones. The Windows market has way more options.

From their website:

Bottom line: If Delphi can call these functions, so can Xojo. (These are not C# or C++ routines, looks like ‘straight’ C)

Probably all you need do is to create the matching declares, as Beatrix says.
For hints on how to do that, compare the WINAPI declares for Xojo with the matching ones used by Delphi and VB
Then apply the same principles to create declares for use in Xojo.

Theres probably a day or two’s work involved in setting up declares for all their entry points.

[quote=215489:@Alexander van der Linden]Hi Sam,

I’m targeting Windows… unfortunately.

Alexander[/quote]
OLE

Hasta la vista!

Yes I did some OLE things with Office and Acrobat. No big deal.