Add Metadata?

Hi,
I would like to be able to write metadata into image files on OS X. Does anyone know if this is possible with Xojo, or have any pointers; links; example project files which shows how to do this? I’m a bit lost as to where to start.

I know I can do this in other apps, but I want to create my own app, whereby I can simply drop an image file onto a dropspot, then type in the required metadata - then save the data to the image file.

Thank you all in advance.

ExifTool can write metadata into images.

You can embed it in your app (resources folder) and use Shell to read and write metadata.

Thanks Axel.
I have downloaded and installed the .dmg for OS X.
Unfortunately, I have read and re-read the documentation, but still cannot work out how to add copyright metadata into a dropped image file.

Is this the only way of achieving this?

Thanks.

exiftool -copyright=‘Richard Summers’ picture.png

Thank you very much Axel - I will look into this again :slight_smile:

if you want no backup File use

exiftool -overwrite_original -copyright=‘Richard Summers’ picture.png

Fantastic!
This is only for personal use, and I simply wanted to add a copyright metadata tag to my images. Your examples should work perfectly.

Thank you.

With some declares this can be done directly within your Xojo application, when you save the image to disk.

[quote=190161:@Axel Schneider]ExifTool can write metadata into images.

You can embed it in your app (resources folder) and use Shell to read and write metadata.[/quote]

Do you know if ExifTool can change a picture orientation ? I could not find that in the page you linked to.

maybe this helps Derotating JPEGs with exiftool

Super. Than k you :slight_smile: