Add a facility for Windows and ContainerControls to be created for individual platforms within the same project

Feedback Case Number: 72596
Add a facility for Windows and ContainerControls to be created for individual platforms within the same project
https://tracker.xojo.com/xojoinc/xojo/-/issues/72596

A feature request asking for the ability for different window layouts to be used for different operating systems, when required. Much in the same way as methods can be configured for different platforms, as follows:

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 14.06.45

For Windows I would like to see a Windows, Macintosh and Linux checkbox, for Desktop projects. All of which would be selected by default. The developer would then be able to configure a different version of the window (with the same name) for a given platform, where the design required is radically different.

1 Like

+1 to this.

I would love it if there was also a free-form text field, in which we could enter an arbitrary boolean expression, such as

#if DebugBuild AND (TargetWin32 or TargetArm)

1 Like

The same option could be arranged by having a “Debug” and “Build” checkbox available, which would be simpler for the system to work out what was enabled.

Operating systems:

• x Windows
  • x Macintosh
  • x Linux

• x Debug
  • x Build

Where x is a checkbox.

I can see that Debug only windows would be a significant advantage as we often have debug windows to show the order of events etc. They would typically be dead stripped if nothing ever instantiated them mind.