Activerecord not moving to Api 2.0 anytime soon

I just recently bought Argen as I am learning Xojo and wanted to start a database project.

Then Api 2.0 came out so I emailed BKeeney Software to ask if they had plans to update it and they said :-

"We have no immediate plans to go to API 2.0. I would expect a new version Q1 of 2020.

FWIW, API 1.0 will be valid for many years so there’s no big hurry to switch."

Such a shame as if you start a new project now then it’s 2.0 by default and you can’t go back, plus I don’t want to learn an old Api just to switch in a few months.

Ah well!

API 1.0 code will still function in API 2.0 projects, you’ll just get deprecation warnings. The only real difference you need to worry about is the difference between API 1.0 and API 2.0 that you need to be aware of for any third-party product. I’m sure Your contact at BKeeney could give you a quick list of what to watch for, and it wouldn’t be a major hindrance to your work.

API 2.0 has put a lot of third parties in the position of wanting to support clients still using older versions - which requires API 1.0 - AND also wanting to support clients using newer versions.
But because of how API 2.0 was done this is nearly impossible from a single code base

API 1.0 continues to work - even in a brand new project created in 2019r2
Autocomplete may be the only thing the IDE doesnt show you but that should only affect Xojo’s controls and classes not those generated by Argen etc

@Anthony Cyphers & @Norman Palardy

Thanks, I read in an article about API 2.0 that new projects could not contain API 1.0 stuff, the article must have gotten it wrong. Thanks for you replies.

[quote=460836:@Rod Pascoe]@Anthony Cyphers & @Norman Palardy
Thanks, I read in an article about API 2.0 that new projects could not contain API 1.0 stuff, the article must have gotten it wrong. Thanks for you replies.[/quote]
That article definitely got it wrong
The IDE will prefer not to show you API 1.0 events and such but the API 1.0 code still works as Anthony said