accessing webcontainers from code

I have
Dim c As New MyContainer
c.LockRight = True
c.LockBottom = True
c.EmbedWithin(Self, 0, 0, c.Width, c.Height)
Dim d As New MyContainer
d.LockRight = True
d.LockBottom = True
d.EmbedWithin(Self, 0, 0, c.Width, c.Height)

if I want to control the two containers (eg change contents) via code, how do I know what the container is called inside the webpage?
would it be mycontainer1 , mycontainer2?

Using your variable names it would be c and d. I would recommend using something much more descriptive.

If you don’t retain them in a property of the webpage, you’ll have to iterate through all controls on the page to find them again once they go out of scope at the end of the method.

[quote=302787:@dave duke]I haveif I want to control the two containers (eg change contents) via code, how do I know what the container is called inside the webpage?
would it be mycontainer1 , mycontainer2?[/quote]

May I suggest next time you post code you select it and click the code icon <[>] on top of the editor. It will be more legible.

Instead of DIMming c and d, make them a property of the WebPage, so you can refer to your WebContainers outside of this code. Otherwise they simply have no name at all.

For example code, a single letter is okay - it’s only trying to show the general idea.

Did you understand where the variable name that you’ll need to reference comes from?
Happy to elaborate if you have any questions :slight_smile: