Accessing files on a via USB connected android phone

Hi,
can someone give me a hint where to look to solve this:

I need to create a simple program (for my grandfather) that copies all new pictures on his smartphone to a
folder on his windows pc. All programs i found so far are too complicated, it would be best for him if the only
thing he has to do is to double-click somwhere and the magic starts.
He has two android smartphones (samsung) that are only visible in the file explorer of windows, and I have no clue how
to access them with xojo.

Any hints appreciated!

The volume function returns a folder item to the specified mounted volume on the computer. I would guess you can use that and folderitem.child to access the files on the android and then copy them to the desired folder on the PC.

[quote=129301:@Rolf Genster]Hi,
can someone give me a hint where to look to solve this:

I need to create a simple program (for my grandfather) that copies all new pictures on his smartphone to a
folder on his windows pc. All programs i found so far are too complicated, it would be best for him if the only
thing he has to do is to double-click somwhere and the magic starts.
He has two android smartphones (samsung) that are only visible in the file explorer of windows, and I have no clue how
to access them with xojo.[/quote]

I no longer have a Samsung phone, but an Asus Android tablet or Amazon Kindle appear in the “My Computer” as a drive (G:, H:) which can be accessed with the regular FolderItem method in Xojo.

The tricky part will be to detect if the phone is plugged in when your app launches, but it does not seem too difficult to figure with something like FolderItem.Exists.

Problem is there are no drive letters assigned or assignable. The phones just show up in the file explorer or are accessible via this KIES software (which does not the things wanted). API-Calls maybe?
There is no option on the smartphones themself so that they are recognized by PC as an USB-Stick.

Ok, finally I found something: I have to access the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).
Still looking for a library or the api-calls…

For those interested:
Accessing attached android smartphones or other devices that use MTP is done on windows via WPD API
(Windows Portable Devices), . There are sources etc. available at MSDN and github.

[quote=129439:@Rolf Genster]For those interested:
Accessing attached android smartphones or other devices that use MTP is done on windows via WPD API
(Windows Portable Devices), . There are sources etc. available at MSDN and github.[/quote]

This BS is typical of Samsung trying to force users to employ their ill conceived Kies software. They could have dispensed copying that very bad idea from Apple. Other android phones simply use the USB key protocol.