A Problem Caused the Program to Stop Working

Hi

I have an issue with an existing application. I have downloaded the latest version of Xojo, 2017r3 and compiled without issue!, However, when I run the application I get the generic Windows error ‘A Problem Caused the Program to Stop Working’

The error details are as follows:

Faulting application name: DebugPBMLRB.exe, version: 17.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a203eab
Faulting module name: XojoGUIFramework32.DLL, version: 17.3.0.39074, time stamp: 0x5a20456d
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0002dbcf
Faulting process ID: 0x3920
Faulting application start time: 0x01d383f5ab5706ba
Faulting application path: D:\Main Application\DebugPBMLRB\DebugPBMLRB.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Main Application\DebugPBMLRB\DebugPBMLRB Libs\XojoGUIFramework32.DLL
Report ID: c100e55c-e0be-485b-9c8c-7c13d06bb491
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I am running Windows 10

The application compiled and ran without issue using 2016r4.1.

Can anyone please advise what is wrong or if I have done anything wrong?

Many thanks

Steve

just a guess… isn’t 2017 a full 64bit version?
but then it should have a new set of DLL too

I believe that is the case Dave! I installed from the correct download so should that not have installed all the correct DLL’s too?

The IDE is 64-bit, but you can still compile 32-bit applications just the same as before. I would suggest to check the build settings to confirm that you are still building 32-bit. If all the settings are OK, you may need to delete the debug build folder manually, and try again. Next, clear the cache. There are a few threads about that topic on the forum.

32bit windows apps in windows are fine.

I assume it runs in debug mode through the IDE without issue?

Do you have any declares in there?

Do you have any hard coded paths in the program that will be wrong when its built (into a different folder)?

Without submitting the project to xojo, I guess the only other course of action would be to comment code blocks out until it runs, then slowly reintroduce them until its working again to narrow down the problem.

Looks like the C runtime is missing… Strange for Windows 10…