64 Bit Win Web Crash

I have an app that works just fine when compiled with R2.3. I compiled it with R3 and it crashes when run.

Server = Win Server 2008 R2
Web Server = Abyss (v 2.9.3.5)
DB Server = MySQL (v 5.1)

My main logon screen launches (most times) and the DB opens but after entering my credentials I get the dreaded “This application has gone off-line … try later” message. I cannot tell exactly where the failure occurs but it is likely in the logon screen.

I checked the Windows Event Log and found this:

Faulting application name: HCFS.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56214be6
Faulting module name: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f7ce6
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000a7676
Faulting process id: 0xf64
Faulting application start time: 0x01d10f91afeff650
Faulting application path: C:\\Abyss Web Server\\htdocs\\HCFS\\HCFS.exe
Faulting module path: C:\\Abyss Web Server\\htdocs\\HCFS\\HCFS Libs\\MSVCR120.dll
Report Id: f8de98d4-7b84-11e5-9695-0200c063987e

It does not tell me much but each event log entry corresponding to each crash has the same MSVCR120.dll referenced.

Any thoughts on how to diagnose this issue would be appreciated.

Is it really a 64 bit crash or a 32 bit crash?

It is related to being compiled as a 64 bit Web app. I copied the complete set of files (that include this DLL), keeping the directory structure intact, to the Web Server. I even rebooted the server once and the problem was the same after the reboot.

A bit of Web searching does seem to indicate this is a 32 bit DLL and it appears to be the same DLL that is in the set of files from a 32 bit compile.

Look at DebugView (Sysinternals) on the server shows this at the crash but it never seems to indicate a source of the messages:

[2472] Runtime Error [2472] Please report what caused this error along with the information below. [2472] Common\\ClassLib\\RuntimeThread.cpp: 1530 [2472] Failure Condition: current == sCurrentThread->mThreadID

When I looked at running processes with Task Manager it does NOT show the suffix “*32” on the EXE file when compiled as 64 bits but it DOES when compiled for 32 bits. I can see the EXE running because the initial login screen does launch and wait for the user ID and Password.

I have identified that the code path never leaves the initial login screen because if I fail to put in a login ID and Password the application does NOT even bother to check the database for a user ID match BUT it does log the attempt successfully in the MySQL DB. Right after the MySQL insert the program attempts to show a dialog box with a message about the empty user ID but that never happens.

There are NO threads or timers used in this login screen.

I do have some MBS plugins loaded (and I am using the latest 15.3pr release) as well as Daniel’s WebCustomControls and the GraffittiSuite but none of these is used in the login screen.

So … It appears that I will need to add lots of System.Debug("Messages") to the program so I can track down the actual line of code that fails when deployed on the 64 bit Win Server.

[quote=224427:@Mark Strickland]It is related to being compiled as a 64 bit Web app. I copied the complete set of files (that include this DLL), keeping the directory structure intact, to the Web Server. I even rebooted the server once and the problem was the same after the reboot.

A bit of Web searching does seem to indicate this is a 32 bit DLL and it appears to be the same DLL that is in the set of files from a 32 bit compile.

Look at DebugView (Sysinternals) on the server shows this at the crash but it never seems to indicate a source of the messages:

[2472] Runtime Error [2472] Please report what caused this error along with the information below. [2472] Common\\ClassLib\\RuntimeThread.cpp: 1530 [2472] Failure Condition: current == sCurrentThread->mThreadID

When I looked at running processes with Task Manager it does NOT show the suffix “*32” on the EXE file when compiled as 64 bits but it DOES when compiled for 32 bits. I can see the EXE running because the initial login screen does launch and wait for the user ID and Password.

I have identified that the code path never leaves the initial login screen because if I fail to put in a login ID and Password the application does NOT even bother to check the database for a user ID match BUT it does log the attempt successfully in the MySQL DB. Right after the MySQL insert the program attempts to show a dialog box with a message about the empty user ID but that never happens.

There are NO threads or timers used in this login screen.

I do have some MBS plugins loaded (and I am using the latest 15.3pr release) as well as Daniel’s WebCustomControls and the GraffittiSuite but none of these is used in the login screen.

So … It appears that I will need to add lots of System.Debug("Messages") to the program so I can track down the actual line of code that fails when deployed on the 64 bit Win Server.[/quote]

This is a crash we’re aware of and are working on fixing.

Thanks. I won’t spend any more time looking for now.

I have the same problem: Windows 2008 and WebApp compiled with 32 Bit.

The Apps on the server [not only the Safari browser client] crashs, when the User is pressed a button with the following code:

MsgBox ("Ihre Daten wurde erfolgreich versendet. Vielen Dank!")
ShowURL("http://www.test.de")

Same problem. Windows 7/64 bit. Recompiled using the latest Xojo i.e. 2015r3.1
I’ve got a command line app running as a daemon accepting incoming TCP connections.

I’ve got a hammering test that is opening/closing connections, sends a command/receives a response.
It is rare – I’ve managed 250k connects/disconnects without fault.
If it occurs it’ll typically kick in at around 50k connects/disconnects.

Faulting application name: snip.exe, version: 0.5.0.422, time stamp: 0x56214be6
Faulting module name: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f7ce6
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000a7676
Faulting process id: 0x2140
Faulting application start time: 0x01d121eb8181ea4c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\…snip…\snip.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\…snip…\snip Libs\MSVCR120.dll
Report Id: c71fb4bb-8de9-11e5-8615-6805ca2a8896