$5 water in the room

Be aware that the two water bottles in the room are $5 each if you don’t have status in their loyalty program.

Since I haven’t stayed with them in the last years, I would have to pay :frowning:

2 Likes

Well, fortunately Nashville is not on Arrakis, so we’ll be able to scare up some water somewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am driving in tomorrow and I will try to remember to pick up a case or two.

It was just a little surprise reading the fine print.

In other hotels, we got 2 bottles per stay or even per day complementary.

Anyway, there is grocery store around the corner on the 3rd street, so no problem to be a $1 water.

2 Likes

There is a case on the way. Welcome gift to Tennessee.

Also beware that when a locksmith was needed for a lost vehicle key, the staff would not give a single recommendation but they gave plenty of condescending looks at no charge!

My wife and I had a very similar experience at a FMI (Food Management Institute) conference in Las Vegas at the Luxor hotel. We checked in and went to our room only to find NO COFFEE POT among other staple items that were missing. We went to the front desk to report this and got told that we could get a coffee pot by “upgrading” to a “presidential suite”. My wife noted that, “Even Holiday Inn Express has coffee pots in their room.” The desk clerk, with a condescending grin, responded by handing my wife the Yellow Pages phone book and telling her, “Well, go find yourself a Holiday Inn Express then!” … Needless to say, for this, and a veritable list of other reasons, Las Vegas is not at the top of my “favorite places to go” list.

2 Likes

I would say “duly noted,” and find a store selling a coffee pot. And I would not ever go back there again. My room only had the powdered creamer so I ended up installing and signing up on GoPuff (as ridiculous as the ads are!) and had my preferred coffee creamer in my hands in less than half an hour. And this was AFTER midnight.

1 Like

Next time I am driving to an event, I will be bringing my own coffee pot.

1 Like

when we travel by car, we bring along out big flask filled with hot water (last for 24hours), 2 big flask of cold water( last for 24 hours) and 2 small flask for inside the car. we also bring along cup and saucer etc with instant coffee and tea…

2 Likes

That was our first thought … until we found that we had a better chance of finding a unicorn than locating a store within walking distance on the Las Vegas strip that sells items like that.

1 Like

Typical Dutch.
Many of us carry bags of potatoes on the roof of their cars when they go abroad.

2 Likes

When driving, just be sure to observe the spud limit.

2 Likes

Apps are indispensable for this exact reason.
I will not work at some law offices because of their poor choices regarding parking. It’s an enormous hassle to go anywhere and then have to repark upon arrival back from wherever, so the extra cost can be worth it in terms of time and frustration saved… and you can do work while waiting for the delivery.