2022R3 slower IDE

I do not wanted to close all windows, only the opened by error.

NB: the default build is Universal (create two applications: for Intel and for m1).

Also: this may help to speed up overall performances:

Xojo is running Apple Silicon natively, so that’s not the issue.

I now use 2022R2.1 again. The difference is striking. Clicking on a control is about instant and moving controls is smooth and fast. Again, this is with windows with several containers and lots of controls.

Switching back to 2022R3 is unworkable. Clicking on a control takes >2 secs. Moving controls is jerky.

Something definitely changed in 2022R3 regarding updating the UI.

Yes, but it builds the .debug for both x86 and m1 (in 2022r3, this is now set to Universal by default)…

Please use Instruments to find out what is causing the delay. I still don’t see anything on my Air.

What I’ve been noticing is mostly in the code editor. The hint area (which I’m using a lot because I tend to overload methods) does not get updated fast enough. On my M1 Max MacBook, it easily takes over a second to refresh that area in r3, whereas in r2 (while still delayed), was closer to half a second.

Please fix this sluggishness. I too find it hard to advocate using r3 with these issues.

BTW - like Xojo, I don’t use plugins for my personal projects, but I’d be curious if those of you on Intel that are having layout editor problems wee to remove your plugins and see if that helps. It would help Xojo narrow this down one way or the other.

ISTR that the hint area got significant updates in R3 so that should be looked at as a regression bug.

I might download R3 today to install alongside R2 and compare. Is there a particular methodology for installing side-by-side?

Xojo always installs each version separately. You have to remove any versions you no longer use/want.