2021r3 First (bad) impression on Windows

New desktop proyect, Add most of the UI controls, debug the app, change the Theme to dark AND…

IDE silently crashed and closed :man_facepalming:t2:

Could be the debugger? launched xojo again add some controls, change the theme (no debugging this time) IDE silently crashed and closed again If you are going to launch a new feature, this kind of bugs should be caught much earlier, Xojo needs to work a lot in their QA.

I dont have a current licence to test (And with this quality not buying one) but could someone compile an app and test if the Compiled apps are also crashing when the theme is changed? Maybe compiling the example in the FC <https://xojo.com/issue/66635>

I just tried with Windows with about 10 controls and it did not crash. I ran the app from the IDE and while the app is running I switched themes from dark to normal and back to dark multiple times and everything worked ok. Maybe it is a specific control.

Could you try with the attached example in the Feedback Case?

Changing themes with that project just loaded and showing Window1 causes the IDE to crash.

The compiled app seems fine, but the IDE crashes as you mentioned, we’re looking into it, thanks for the feedback case.

1 Like

I think its the search field in the bottom left corner, just double checking now.

Yes, the SearchField1 but only when its prefilled with some text, that quite an edge case, I can see why it was missed. I’ve not seen it all today and I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve changed theme today while testing.

4 Likes

Are you sure? If I delete the text, it crashes. If I add an empty one it crashes. It only works if there is no SearchField in the window. :thinking:

Curiouser and Curiouser, so it would seem :slight_smile: