2019r3 iOS TextArea content overruns bounds

Just downloaded 2019r3 and recompiled my app with it. From my initial review, it appears that when the content of a TextArea is longer than the bounds of the TextArea, the content spills outside of the bounds (above and below) and overwrites (or underwrites, depending on layering of controls) surrounding content and controls. One can scroll the content by dragging, but it continues to spill outside the bounds of the TextArea. Reproducible in the simulator and on the device.

This did not happen in r2.1 and pretty much kills r3 for me. Too bad, I was looking forward to dark mode…

<https://xojo.com/issue/58593>

this isn’t unique to Xojo for iOS… I have experienced it with Swift at times… I solved it… but don’t at the moment recall what the solution was, or if it could be implemented in Xojo or not…

[quote=467086:@Richard Allmendinger]Just downloaded 2019r3 and recompiled my app with it. From my initial review, it appears that when the content of a TextArea is longer than the bounds of the TextArea, the content spills outside of the bounds (above and below) and overwrites (or underwrites, depending on layering of controls) surrounding content and controls. One can scroll the content by dragging, but it continues to spill outside the bounds of the TextArea. Reproducible in the simulator and on the device.

This did not happen in r2.1 and pretty much kills r3 for me. Too bad, I was looking forward to dark mode…

<https://xojo.com/issue/58593>[/quote]
Richard, could you put a sample project on that case so we can quickly replicate it?

I’m having trouble replicating this…

Ah, got it now. No Border or Rectangular Border over draws. Rounded does not. Got it.

If you don’t want a border, choose Rounded for the border type and then in the Open event, put:

Me.BorderColor = ColorGroup.NamedColor("clearColor")

Yup… That was it (the same solution for Swift)… its not an Xojo bug, but (my opinon) an iOS bug

We have conflicting informations.

well since it happens in Xojo AND in Swift and the solution is the same in both instances… go figure

well… technically it is a Xojo bug in this case. The method we used to draw the border didn’t have clipping turned on in all cases.

Thanks for the rapid detective work, Greg. It turns out that my apps have no borders or squared-off corners. Good to know there is a work around besides downgrading to r2.1.