2016 r1 Crashes Console App NTDLL.DLL Fault

My console app crashes in 2016 r1 when it starts and it doesn’t do this in 2015 r.x. I assumed it was a plink issue because the app uses plink to connect to an SSH server on startup but now I’m not so sure. If I put 2016 r1 in Windows 8 compatibility mode it stops crashing. I’ve been digging in the system log and I found this for each crash:

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.122, time stamp: 0x56cc16f5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003c56e

Doing an sfc scan now. Any ideas? Thanks.

Windows 10 64 bit

Did you install the Windows VS redistributable ?

@Norman Palardy No I haven’t installed anything but 2016 r1. Is there something new I have to do to use 2016 r1 that I missed? Thanks.

It would be helpful if you could create a crash dump and create a feedback case with it attached.

@Joe Ranieri Sure I can do that.

@Norman Palardy Can you point me towards the VS redistributable you are referring to please? I will certainly give that a try. Thanks.

You’re just running this on the machine that has Xojo installed ?
Our installer should already have installed the redistributable if needed

@Joe Ranieri @Norman Palardy Ok ran sfc and fixed some errors but that didn’t help. Going to try and make the crash dump file now. Thanks.

@Joe Ranieri Thanks so much I created a feedback case and I attached the crash dump as requested.