2013r2 IDE Search Still Haywire

If you have multiple timers or threads in a project file and you click on a search result that is in the action or run event of one of those controls the IDE still jumps to the window editor rather than the correct line of code. It doesn’t appear to be able to find the correct control if there are more than one of those.

I filed a feedback in April regarding this problem. It was recently reviewed so we can hope that a fix will be forthcoming. The feedback case is below. I believe it is what you are seeing.

feedback://showreport?report_id=26176

I was literally just looking at that case and trying to reproduce it :slight_smile:

Can you post some steps on that so I make sure I’m seeing what you’re describing

What kind of project first off ?
I did just fix a bug in web projects that had been reopened from disk where the searches would be wonky.

[quote=22705:@Norman Palardy]What kind of project first off ?
I did just fix a bug in web projects that had been reopened from disk where the searches would be wonky.[/quote]
It’s a desktop project. The problem seems to occur only when the entire project is searched, but does not occur if only a window or a method are searched, and it is more likely to occur if there are unsaved changes.

I had the same thing happen recently in both a desktop project and a web project. In the case of the desktop project the search item was in the Open event of a control set of TextFields and clicking the find item jumped to the window editor. In the case of the web project, the find location was showing incorrectly as WebDialog.Action instead of the expected WebDialog.WebButton.Action. In both cases the scope was set to ‘entire project’.

If I am able to demonstrate the issue in a reproducible way with a simple project I shall post it to the Feedback case.