2013 R4.1 Windows

I’m seeing a good size difference in performance of Xojo 2013 R4.1 compared to 3.3 It’s much quicker loading the IDE and it doesn’t take so long to let you click on a recent project anymore once the IDE is open. Switching between items in the IDE seem much quicker than before. Overall navigation is much better!

Thanks for all the optimization work!

Me too.

Thanks xojoites.

I just started 4.1 on OS X (10.9) and it’s as fast as other IDEs! Wonderful job with the improvements, Xojo! Although some of the controls resize “handle points” (little blue b.a.l.l.s when a control is selected) are still misaligned. Though most I can live with, like the ProgressBar. However, the worse offender is the SegmentedControl.

I am opening a feedback case and will edit the case number in when I submit it.

Overall, thanks for a wonderful 4.1 experience!

You’re welcome. Norman spent some time optimizing for performance for this release. And we have found other areas we can optimize in future releases as well.

And, for now it’s still crashing… nice fix :frowning:

<https://xojo.com/issue/31339>

[quote=54049:@Shane Gibbs]I just started 4.1 on OS X (10.9) and it’s as fast as other IDEs! Wonderful job with the improvements, Xojo! Although some of the controls resize “handle points” (little blue b.a.l.l.s when a control is selected) are still misaligned. Though most I can live with, like the ProgressBar. However, the worse offender is the SegmentedControl.

I am opening a feedback case and will edit the case number in when I submit it.

Overall, thanks for a wonderful 4.1 experience![/quote]

Feedback Case #31338

I agree. The “feel” is a lot better. Good work, Xojo!

1+
I can finally type fast again.

What is the ‘zoom’ options in the menu for?

Very nice, this feels very snappy !

I agree, the interface is much more snappy. Code editor is much improved from a typing performance standpoint. Good work!

Thanks for all of your hard work Norman. There is a very positive difference!

This wasn’t all me - the other guys did a LOT of work too

Did the report editor also receive an overhaul because I noticed a major increase of responsiveness. Very good.

Some tweaks yes - but there were some things done that improved things in general