<2> added to window title-desktop

Hi all, on some of my windows, the system is appending <2> to the window title. All my main input forms are windows and there are a lot of them. I suspect its related to windows being opened from within other windows. How can I stop the system from appending this to my window titles?

I’m on desktop and this happens in both windows 11 and Linux Manjaro.

Here is an example:

Did you create the window instance by copy/paste? Looks like the IDE added <2> in order to keep the control name unique.

1 Like

Yes, most of the windows were created by the duplicate function. However, each was renamed as appropriate. It doesn’t happen if the window is the first window to open i.e. from a menu selection. It does happen when the same window is opened from a button on another window.

When you open the second copy of the window do you change its title? If not something (perhaps the OS) may be adding the <2>, or even Xojo.

That’s really weird. I can’t say about Linux, as I don’t know it well enough, but Windows has no reason to modify a window’s title on its own.
Any third party app installed perhaps, which would modify the default behaviour?

Have you double-checked you don’t have some code which does that, perhaps that you’d have forgotten or you’re unaware of (shared by someone else)?
I can’t see why a single OS would do that, so two systems… it’s barely possible. Especially that it would already have been seen by someone else if it was known.