%1 is not a valid Win32 application

Hi!

I’m trying to run a CGI on a windows 2003 server 32bit.
I’m using Xojo 2018R1.1 for Mac

For tests purposes, and to exclude all my bad codding, i’m using the xojo’s app test from xojo page

I’m getting the message:

What’s missing on windows server?

Any help, please?

See the System requirements.

It seems to me you need at least Windows Server 2008r2 to host the WebApp.

The standalone will work instead of cgi?

If no, what’s the xojo version i need to use to run cgi on windows 2003 server?

Did you put in 64-bit app for 32-bit server or other way around?

Most likely: no.
As I understand it: CGI is just a Script, which then calls a xojo-built executable.
So it doesn’t really matter - at the end, it’s a xojo-built executable that needs to run.

According to Xojo’s System requirements… I don’t know. They only go back to 2015r2, which has “Windows Server 2008”.

Apart from that… is it even safe to run a Windows Server 2003 nowadays?

compiled as 32bit for windows 2003 32bit server

tell this to my client… lol

:slight_smile:

[quote=429113:@Jürg Otter]Most likely: no.
As I understand it: CGI is just a Script, which then calls a xojo-built executable.
So it doesn’t really matter - at the end, it’s a xojo-built executable that needs to run.

According to Xojo’s System requirements… I don’t know. They only go back to 2015r2, which has “Windows Server 2008”.

Apart from that… is it even safe to run a Windows Server 2003 nowadays?[/quote]

Xojo Web cgi has a script that communicates with your actual application (console).

The cgi script template is just a script, but that’s not Xojo Web edition specific.

[quote=429094:@Alexandre Cunha]Hi!

I’m trying to run a CGI on a windows 2003 server 32bit.
I’m using Xojo 2018R1.1 for Mac

For tests purposes, and to exclude all my bad codding, i’m using the xojo’s app test from xojo page

I’m getting the message:

What’s missing on windows server?

Any help, please?[/quote]

You can’t just double-click to execute the CGI in a gui if you mean that. Otherwise make sure you build 32-bit windows for a 32 bit windows system.

It maybe better or not to have stand-alone depends on houw you wanna launch the application.

Say you want to launch trough the Dekstop, the use stand-alone if you want to use windows webserver or apache use cgi.