1 Click deployment limitations

Having just spend some time trying to host an App in the Xojo Cloud, I have come across some issues which made me wonder if the 1 click approach is actually smart or not.
After all, Xojo Web App developer should be able to handle slightly more complex deployments then with one click.
I found the interfacing options to be a bit limited, and deployment more cumbersome than on my own server;
When a single bit changes in your App, Xojo Cloud deployment forces a complete deployment of the entire App and associated files, taking about 5 times longer than uploading just the App and restarting it on my own server.
Quite often, deployment hangs, leaving only a forced quit as cancel does not respond.
The log of my Xojo Cloud deployed app cannot be deleted by me, unless I remove the app altogether; that makes debugging harder.
Also, although my App runs fine on my own server, it has bugs when deployed on XojoCloud, where controls disappear.
Finally, when I run my App on 4G, it runs twice as fast on my own server (Amsterdam) compared to Xojo Cloud (London),
which cannot be explained by mere latency alone.
I wonder if anyone has some thoughts on this.

If you have a lot of associated files, you would probably get faster deployment by just having the app be deployed to the server and using the SFTP support to upload associated files as necessary.

You should contact productsupport@xojo.com regarding your other questions. I’m not sure why you would have disappearing controls or the performance lag when using a 4G network connection.

[quote=129492:@Boudewijn Krijger]When I run my App on 4G, it runs twice as fast on my own server (Amsterdam) compared to Xojo Cloud (London),
which cannot be explained by mere latency alone.[/quote]
What’s the size of your Xojo Cloud server and what’s the bandwidth speed on your server in Amsterdam?