Google APIs with XOJO?

1. last week

Hi
    I am starting work on a Book Database. I would like to be able to scan in a barcode (ISBN or EAN) and retrieve some basic data from a service such as Google Books (would consider other options if you think it may be better).
    I have done some research on this and the Google API provides objects for a number of programming languages (.NET, Java, PHP etc) but there is no XOJO plug-in :(
    Does anybody have any experience in using the Google API, specifically the Books API, with XOJO?
    Any ideas, suggestions gratefully accepted.
    Many thanks
    Mark

2. Alexander v

Aug 11 Europe (Houten, The Netherland...

It's not that hard. Read the API docs and the examples. Obtain a key from Google and you can use that in your requests instead of OAuth authentication, which is harder. Have a look at Xojo's HTTPSocket and study the examples.

In the end you have to do some JSON parsing, study the JSON and dictionary object.

3. Beatrix W

Aug 11 Pre-Release Testers Europe (Germany)

I have a full example for using OAuth with the Chilkat plugin at my website (https://www.mothsoftware.com/downloads/gmail_oauth.zip ). The MBS plugin also supports OAuth with Curl.

You need to get a ClientID and a ClientSecret. This you shove into the OAuth process. Then you show a browser where the Oauth is done. You get back a token.

4. Christian S

Aug 11 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Germany

Check the oAuth method in CURLSMBS class in MBS Xojo Plugins if you use our plugins.

or Sign Up to reply!