UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key

1. 10 months ago

C T

29 Nov 2018 Ontario, Canada

I haven't tried to upload a new version of an iOS app to iTunes Connect for some time. Just got an error that I need to supply "arm64" value for UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key. Using Xojo 2018r3. Anybody else run in to this?

@C TBaumgartner Just checked the info.plist and the value set by Xojo on my app is "armv7". The error message during the upload says I need "arm64". Could this be a brand spanking new requirement that Apple added?

As Jason mentioned, the plist generated by 2018r3 already does this. I just checked again.

Are you post-processing the build with any scripts that change that?

2. Dave S

29 Nov 2018 San Diego, California USA
    Edited 10 months ago

armv7
    Include this key if your app is compiled only for the armv7 instruction set, or if it’s a 32/64-bit universal app.
    arm64
    Include this key if your app or embedded bundle (i.e. extension, framework) is compiled only for the arm64 instruction set. Include this key for all 64-bit apps and embedded bundles.

<key>UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities</key>
    	<array>
    		<string>armv7</string>
    	</array>

All of my 64bit Swift apps use "armv7"

what is your currently set to?

3. Jason P

29 Nov 2018 Xojo Inc Texas

@C TBaumgartner I haven't tried to upload a new version of an iOS app to iTunes Connect for some time. Just got an error that I need to supply "arm64" value for UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key. Using Xojo 2018r3. Anybody else run in to this?

2018r3 should already be setting that in the plist - at least it is here in a quick test.

4. C T

29 Nov 2018 Ontario, Canada

Just checked the info.plist and the value set by Xojo on my app is "armv7". The error message during the upload says I need "arm64". Could this be a brand spanking new requirement that Apple added?

5. Greg O

29 Nov 2018 Xojo Inc Answer

@C TBaumgartner Just checked the info.plist and the value set by Xojo on my app is "armv7". The error message during the upload says I need "arm64". Could this be a brand spanking new requirement that Apple added?

As Jason mentioned, the plist generated by 2018r3 already does this. I just checked again.

Are you post-processing the build with any scripts that change that?

6. 9 months ago

C T

30 Nov 2018 Ontario, Canada

Thanks Greg,

It has been over 2 years since I submitted a new version of this app and I had forgotten that there was a post-processing script copying in an info.plist file. Confirmed that Xojo 2018r3 puts "arm64" into the plist file.

or Sign Up to reply!