Windows - Shell.dll wont load

1. 5 weeks ago

Dennis L

Nov 6 Pre-Release Testers Shropshire, England

Good afternoon. I have upgraded to 2018 R3 and use Advance Installer on my PC to create an install file. I haven't had a problem up to today but with the latest library and exe I get; 'Failed to load plugin Shell.dll' when launching the program. Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Many thanks.

2. Julian S

Nov 6 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK

Odd, do you use any plugins? Are there any file differences between the install folder as compared with the build folder?

3. Dennis L

Nov 6 Pre-Release Testers Shropshire, England

It was odd! I have restarted the PC and now I don't get the error. Thank you for replying.

4. I believe Shell.dll has to be registered and I believe that particular DLL requires at a restart of explorer.exe at least it has in the past. A reboot would also accomplish this after installing.

5. Dennis L

Nov 7 Pre-Release Testers Shropshire, England

Thank you. I've had a few oddities moving from 2018 R2 to R3. I sent a build to a customer yesterday that installed fine on my test PC but gave the error XojoGUIFramework32.dll not found on his machine. I rebuilt it under 2018 R2 and sent it over and it installed correctly. Again using Advanced Installer.

or Sign Up to reply!