Are-you using Speak ?

1. 4 months ago

Emile S

Jul 11 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

The Speak command allows to… speak the passed string (and talks French too).

In an old project, I used it.

Did you use it ?

2. Christian S

Jul 11 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers Germany

Of course we can use it.

If you need more, we have some classes in MBS Plugins:

http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.net/pluginpart-winspeech.shtml

3. Joost R

Jul 11 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro The Netherlands

I sometimes do for debugging. Mine speaks English and Dutch in US dialect :)

#If DebugBuild Then
      Speak "The result is " + Cstr(iResult) 
    #EndIf
  4. Zane R

Jul 11 Pre-Release Testers

I use it in a utility I wrote at work, it announces when a job has completed (does a SQL call and creates a file) and speaks any errors if they occur. This allows me to work on something else and be alerted when it's complete so I can then do something with it.

5. Emile S

Jul 11 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

Since (hours after I use that project on) Saturday I do not have sound in my Windows 10 laptop. (No more TV from the PC).

I wanted to have your experience (thanks fo the answers) to eventually think if coincidence or pure hazard or… It seems the sound card is broken.

6. Dave S

Jul 11 San Diego, California USA

or perhaps you didn't turn the volume up?
    if you get NO sound, its not an Xojo related issue.

7. Lewis P

Jul 11 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

If I hear a NO, I'm pretty sure its the wife! LOL

8. Emile S

Jul 12 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

Dave:

It tooks me hours to found where to get the information, but ot seems to be a hardware problem. I get an Alert Icon in the sound properties list (where the name of the Sound card provider is given, with the software name / version, etc. (think in worst about the Sound Control Panel version Windows / or System prefs, Sound entry).

Doh ! I forgot to power on the laptop !

9. Emile S

Jul 12 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

Sound is back after I split the laptop (as Tablet) and back. I do not know why.

or Sign Up to reply!